Is That Realistic?

Hello,

They are my most favorite place to go look around and I bumped onto this.. How realistic is that figure? Does that mean that work from Sadakuni with same sugata able to be awarded Juyo?

Thank you in advance for any thoughts

https://www.aoijapan.net/katana-tajima-kami-hojoji-tachibana-sadakuni-2/

Why don't you take a step back and do some more research on your own, instead of constantly asking on the NMB about the monetary value of swords? It reminds me of the saying "knowing the price of everything, and the value of nothing". And since you're easily offended - two topics locked already as a result of that - here we probably go ... :(

• Like 3

Why don't you take a step back and do some more research on your own, instead of constantly asking on the NMB about the monetary value of swords? It reminds me of the saying "knowing the price of everything, and the value of nothing". And since you're easily offended - two topics locked already as a result of that - here we probably go ... :(

Hi buddy, I am glad you are having a great day, me too, thanks for asking. The Juyo is what I wanted to inquire about plus this is in general discussion, I don't see how's that against any rules! And to address about me being easily offended - I am not except when frogs have crappy attitude against me without a reason. If you don't like what I am asking - skip it. None of my questions REQUIRE answers.

Thanks for the message anyway. Hope you have a better one!

Hi Yu Li,  No, as its the best Sadakuni that's awarded Juyo as I said in the other post there can be 2 Sadakuni blades with the same sugata but if one is a bit more tired or has had a harder life it will not get preference for Juyo :) In the past smiths often made more than one blade when a customer placed an order and picked the best 1 of 3 if I remember so its always been picking the one out of the crowd :) 

Add this to the list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

Regards

Mr. Frog

Hah.. who's the sensitive now? Lol

And where did I fail to address accurately the proposition you made? Or you just pick and choose which part of the question I asked to be selected as most convenient one and a foundation for your rude approach?? While on Wikipedia try searching for manners, that, in my opinion is a good start :)

Hi Yu Li, No, as its the best Sadakuni that's awarded Juyo as I said in the other post there can be 2 Sadakuni blades with the same sugata but if one is a bit more tired or has had a harder life it will not get preference for Juyo :) In the past smiths often made more than one blade when a customer placed an order and picked the best 1 of 3 if I remember so its always been picking the one out of the crowd :)

Thank you very much. I have one and that is the reason I ask. If I don't hear from you, the ones with more experience, I wouldn't know am I doing the right thing by sending it for Juyo. But that for whatever reason pisses off some folks around here - you go figure.

It's not like there's an appraisal book online where I can simply flick a page and find the answer.. and what is so wrong about asking for a valuation?

Mate, you are truly, TRULY, getting up the noses of "the ones with more experience".  I know because I've been around for a long, long time and those people have NOT responded to any of your impolite, self-seeking questions.  Not one such person.  Their names simply don't appear here.  One notable exception is one of the above who is one of THE most most experienced here.  See if you can guess...

BaZZa.

• Like 2

Mate, you are truly, TRULY, getting up the noses of "the ones with more experience".  I know because I've been around for a long, long time and those people have NOT responded to any of your impolite, self-seeking questions.  Not one such person.  Their names simply don't appear here.  One notable exception is one of the above who is one of THE most most experienced here.  See if you can guess...

BaZZa.

*skip*

Green Dragon,

please take care, your pissing off two very nice, genuine and knowledgable people,  Guido and Bazza have something to offer in advice. i have had the pleasure of meeting them both and if you just shut up and listen to what they are trying to say you might learn something.

• Like 3

Green Dragon,
please take care, your pissing off two very nice, genuine and knowledgable people, Guido and Bazza have something to offer in advice. i have had the pleasure of meeting them both and if you just shut up and listen to what they are trying to say you might learn something.

I am pretty quiet and I have learned a lot from what they said so far (a lot! Lol). I am glad you are here to support that also.

Green Dragon,

please take care, your pissing off two very nice, genuine and knowledgable people,  Guido and Bazza have something to offer in advice. i have had the pleasure of meeting them both and if you just shut up and listen to what they are trying to say you might learn something.

Such a waste of time and effort. I don't understand how GD still hasn't learned anything. Literally.

• Like 2