"forgive, Don't Forget" Documentary

Old Army buddy of mine I was deployed with back in the early 2000s did this documentary (along with several other people) about attempting to return a surrendered sword to its original owner.

I haven't seen it yet but it has been winning a fair amount of awards at independent film festivals.

http://fdfmovie.com/

• Like 9

Per Paul:

"It's currently making it's way through various film festivals. Even while it's doing that our audio guy is touching every up. Our colorist is 1/3 of the way through. As for an actual date of release, I don't have one right now."

cut to the chase, did the sword return home, we have seen this before with mixed results from Japanese families, not all wanted to be reminded of war.

No idea. As I stated I haven't seen the documentary. I'm wondering the same thing everyone else is.

• Like 1

I thought it was a wonder project. I was kind of disappointed, as, I donated to this project at the Kick Start Web Site, and, it was delayed so long, I lost all the information and my e-mail account I had then...

:(

I never got anything.

That's a shame! You should be able to log into your kickstarter account and get your rewards.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

For me Stephen started to prod here.

There will be sensitivity around the return of a war sword, lawful as well as personal.

Its not something I would ever contemplate.

But I would be guided by Paul Martin, who is in a better position to comment on the acceptability of this.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..