Art of the Samurai @ the MET

I noticed that the exhibition "Art of the Samurai" that was scheduled to open on October 21st 2008 is no longer listed in the "Upcoming list of Events" on the MET website.

I have tried to contact them but so far no-one has answered back.

Has anyone heard if this exhibition has been canceled/Re-scheduled ?

Many thanks,

Paul.

Hi Paul

I was on the Met website today looking for info on the "Art of the Samurai" exhibition. If you put Samurai in the search box and then hit the Go button it will bring to another page find the Press room and click on it then if you scroll down that next page they have information about the exhibition. (Talk about jumping through hoops to try and get information, it took me 10 minutes and ten different pages trying to find it).

I was at the MFA in Boston last week and they are going to have a exhibition starting on March 08, 2008 for a few months on Japanese swords and various Japanese art. If it is a good exhibition I will post it on this site.

Dino

Thanks Dino for your help.

As I needed to know because of booking plane tickets I decided to call the MET, which took some doing to get hold of the right people.

Anyway, the exhibition has been POSTPONED !!!!!

They are currently rescheduling but can't offer any new dates yet.

Paul.

...I was at the MFA in Boston last week and they are going to have a exhibition starting on March 08, 2008 for a few months on Japanese swords and various Japanese art. If it is a good exhibition I will post it on this site.

Dino

The MFA sent a short write up on this coming exhibit - Strength and Beauty: A Selection of Japanese Decorative Arts: 1300 – 1925. Swords and fittings will only be a part of the focus, while the Lethal Elegance exhibit will continue into June.

Michael

http://NihontoCalendar.org

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..