Mantetsu-To With No Yokote?

Gasam

Heyas,

Have come across a mantetsu to. Sellers pics are not so good, but seller has enough understanding of Japanese swords to state that the sword has no yokote but a clearly visible boshi in the kissaki area.

So, anyone ever come across a Mantetsu without yokote? To me at this point it looks like blade abuse?

Thank you for looking :-)

post-2939-0-87832500-1487161678_thumb.png

post-2939-0-43521700-1487161692_thumb.png

It is hard to tell from the picture but just for the sake of argument I have a gunto by Matsuda Kanetaka which also is without yokote.  The condition of the polish and everything else about the sword confirms that this was as issued, no subsequent amateur polish.  I have wondered if the polishing shop simply skipped a stage as I have to admit I didn't notice it at first.  Not sure what this tells us but here it is.

post-1607-0-19908300-1487171259_thumb.jpg

All the best.

Heyas again,

Thank you all for your input.

Seller sent some kissaki pictures. Think I see the faintest hint of a yokote in one of them.

I have consulted the one book I have on military swords of Japan, not much to find there.

Very uncertain about this one. Asking price in the 700 USD range. Might risk it at that price. Koshirae seems intact save for the metal loop at end of tsuka and the tassel.

Grey: The shiny area at the tip is a reflection I am told.

Once again thank you all for your time.

post-2939-0-70689600-1487188471_thumb.png

post-2939-0-42785800-1487188484_thumb.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..