Please Show Me Your Displays :)

Hi

I like these 'show us' posts and some amazing items have been shared

These are just two Lidl display cases. I tried putting some Japanese prints behind the tsuba but then the tsuba did not show up very well

I thought about painting the area behind the tsuba's white but as my wife had just decorated I thought it best not to push my luck

In a previous post someone said they didn't like to display all there tsuba but preferred to keep in boxes and treasured opening and appreciating them one at a time

I've yet to organise them into schools and then date so I can compare similar tsuba in one group

post-2100-0-96790500-1485684278_thumb.jpg

These are my tsuba for sale cabinet (each draw holds four tsuba) and very shortly will be in the NMB For Sale section

post-2100-0-15621700-1485684336_thumb.jpg

I live a few miles from Birmingham in the UK and I'm happy to show these items to any NMB member just PM me if you are interested

• Like 3

That's a beautiful display Ray, I can but hope to have one half as nice as that one day. Grev, I knew you had a lot of Tsuba but that is insane.

For me I haven't made any space for a display yet so everything is locked away in the closet.

Grev- Those are some awesome Tsuba and when I am back in the UK it would be great to see them if you permit. I have a lot to learn on Nihonto but way more to learn on fittings.

James- Before I got married my wife would joke that I work for swords and trips to Japan(and Japanese food,lol), she's not wrong, everything was centered around the collection. We can all achieve what we want, as long as we keep positive!

Neil-  :bowdown:  :bowdown:  :bowdown: I hope to have a Gendai collection like that!

Peter- A collection that looks well curated and carefully selected- beauty!

Rayhan Perera

When i moved in it was a closet, i turned it into  entertainment center, that way for twenty years or more

then the display 

before

post-19-0-47962700-1485918825_thumb.jpg

thinking about adding two curved branches a la kill bill Hattori Hanzo style

post-19-0-57797700-1485919505_thumb.jpg

also thinking of shoji screen doors

• Like 2

Like Jean, my valuable blades are in our vault, with the others in my katanadansu. Have to watch out for the salt air & high humidity.

Grev & Andrey, I really like what you did with your tsuba collections! My wife & I have been scratching our heads as to what to do with ours, & I think you may have solved our dilemma. Our real problem is a total lack of wall space! Out here in Hawaii, we have entire walls filled with jalousy windows, which are great to let the trade winds blow through, but don't leave a heck of a lot of places to mount cabinets. Even our big-screen TV hangs from the ceiling. Hmm...hanging cabinets....

Ken

Ken,

My right display is a slightly modified Ikea DETOLF glass-door cabinet. As all of its wall units are made of glass, it can be placed in the middle of the room, and it could be a good solution for you :)

I wish I live somewhere where it's possible to have windows (or shoji) instead of walls  :roll:

• Like 2

This is my humble collection. Three blades, one Menpo and one Katanakake

I keep my three blades allways stored each one in a box and with its corresponding bag, besides weather conditions I am also the proud father of a four years old girl, a seven years old boy and the owner of a Bullterrier !

By the way is also better to keep my blades stored in case my wife gets angry  :) !

post-2505-0-96075200-1486081996_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

I make my own Sword Display Stands.

I wanted something different for my Japanese Rooms.

I love Japanese Collectables.

It is a paradox, as,

in Buddhism, it is impermanence..

I make all kinds of stuff for my rooms.

My pride and joy is my Utagawa Kuniyoshi's  1836 Triptych  "Battle of Ishibashiyama".

The last photo is a "Maki-e Beetle", I call them "Maki-e " Beetles, , but, the real name is Midway Beetle.

I use them on my display Stands.

They are abundant here.

They look like they have Japanese  Maki-e (Sprinkled Painting) on their backs. :)

I have many more Unique Sword Display Stands.

Would you guys like to see the others?

post-2090-0-09912400-1486233816_thumb.jpg

post-2090-0-36260900-1486234017_thumb.jpg

post-2090-0-91746000-1486234087_thumb.jpg

post-2090-0-35717000-1486234261_thumb.jpg

post-2090-0-35153700-1486234438_thumb.jpg

post-2090-0-23605900-1486234449_thumb.jpg

post-2090-0-54674400-1486235686_thumb.jpg

post-2090-0-66800100-1486236127_thumb.jpg

post-2090-0-93979900-1486236170_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..