Offered Some Fittings

Josh man

Can anyone tell me what I have? I only have one late Shinto era sword in gunto mounts, but I've been offered these fittings from the grandson of a WWII vet who brought them back. It looks like they all go on the same blade, but the blade is nowhere to be found (I believe the family has it in the shirasaya but who knows?)

post-2735-0-21414900-1483871117_thumb.png

Dear Joshman.

(You should be able to add your name to your posts which is asked of us here).

I don't think anyone is going to be able to tell you very much given the quality of these photos.  I can't even tell if the kashira is ensuite or a horn one, I can't see any shitodome not that that would matter a great deal.  Who carried the sword these were mounted on is impossible to say and would be largely irrelevant to me.  The quality of the work is what counts.  Look forward to some better pictures when they arrive.

All the best.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..