Buy Or Pass?

tokashikibob

Gentlemen,

A friend of mine is offering this tsuba to me for $150 hard earned bucks.   I am far from being tsuba expert but I like the look of it; but not sure of the rough look of the metal and if that is the way it is suppose to look.   Buy or Pass?

Best Regards,

Bob

post-1449-0-43300800-1482937845_thumb.jpg

post-1449-0-88654200-1482937898_thumb.jpg

I should have refrained from posting before. I came back to delete it, but too late.

"Ugh" was crude, yet honest response before morning coffee.

I never understood the appreciation for Kaneiye until seeing more than a dozen as one of the displays at the DTI.

Now I understand. I just don't have the ease of funds to afford them.

On the affordable end, I've owned some exceptionally nice tsuba for $200-$250

I sold a nice one to NJ for that amount when/while paying off my Jinbei purchase.

That Jibei cost more than the value of the old small Jaguar I drive, so you might say my priorities are screwed up.

Save your money and buy one of those good yet affordable tsuba in the $200+ range.

• Like 1

Hoahn has this beautiful one up for $112.  [tsuba #2]

http://www.militaria.co.za/nmb/topic/21312-two-tsuba-and-a-kozuka/

The gold plugwork alone costs about $250.

While he is right that it would probably paper to Shoami, it also does feel somewhat Sado Island or northern Japan.

I find it a nice tsuba and very much a bargain to anything else I am seeing in Japan or on the web right now. Maybe, just maybe, if eBay is fished long enough- a better bargain can be found.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..