Shipping Swork Over 10K

You will REALLY pay for the added insurance and "MAY" increase the  chance someone noticing this will put it somewhere other than in the right bin to get to you !  Any additional insurance over a couple of thousand usually insures it WILL GET THERE, without costing you a fortune. 

I have taken a chance with 3 or 4 well over 10 g insured for 3 or 4 but then again - not sure what I would have done if that is all they paid when it was 'LOST"

Mark is correct. Registered for sure 

Mark has it right; registered mail is the best option by a long shot.  A registered package can't get lost because everyone who takes the package anywhere has to sign for it.  If it spends a night in a post office it has to be locked in a safe.  It can't be opened on the sly because it is sealed with rubber stamped tape and any opening would be noticed.  Insurance with registered is less expensive than insurance with any other service because of the built in security but I usually don't buy insurance on registered packages; the registration is insurance enough.

Grey

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..