Stainless Ww2 Blade Assistance Needed

karagoz

Hello.  Stainless ww2 Blade Assistance Needed. I was only able to translate the last three kanjis ( please correct me if I am wrong) KATSU TSUKURU KORE and I can't translate the rest. I thought that stainless still blades were made for Navy only but it is Army 98 Shin Gunto. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much. Alexander.

post-3536-0-25275500-1475609045_thumb.jpg

post-3536-0-49453300-1475609050_thumb.jpg

post-3536-0-89502400-1475609054_thumb.jpg

post-3536-0-36327800-1475609059_thumb.jpg

post-3536-0-71209700-1475609065_thumb.jpg

(藤)原兼永以耐錆鋼作之

(Fuji)wara Kanenaga taiseikō wo motte kore wo tsukuru

Made with anti-rust steel by Fujiwara Kanenaga.

The "Fuji" is not visible, but I suspect it is lurking under the tsuka. As usual, this is rendered in kanbun style. My transliteration may be slightly off - but it is close enough. 

• Like 1

Yes, Steve san is correct !

(藤)原兼永以耐錆鋼作之

(Fuji)wara Kanenaga Taiseiko (wo) motte kore (wo) tsukuru
Fujiwara Kanenaga made this from anti-rust-steel 

Japanese military imported chrome-steel from England in 1910.
They tried to develop steinless steel products but they didn't succeed. it was too difficult to control hardness.
they gave up after years of practice and they requested to Fujiwara Narataro Kanenaga (Kawamura Nagajiro) to continue.
Kanenaga bought all stock of imported steinless steel and studied 
In 1921, Kanenaga succeeded to produce high quality carbon steinless for cutely products which could control hardness/
His Knives and razor blade were exhibited at "Tokyo expo", it became a big news.
He continued developing with this material.
in 1930", he succeeded to forge traditional Nihonto.
Mr.Kawamura Narajiro/Fujiwara Kanenaga is a great contribution to the development of our industry.
This article was published in "Seki city Journal" in Showa 15 (1940)

Some of his works are traditionally made hand forged Nihonto which has Hada and Hamon.
The hamon is very different from normal. It looks like Hadaka-nie (nie chrystals without nioi-kuchi) with very fine activities.
He is also a great caver. There is a few swords with excellent Horimono in Seki Museum.
  • Like 5

Hello Mr. Stive M and Mr. Kunitaro. Gentlemen,  thank you very much for taking the time to share your knowledge . I sincerely appreciate the time you spent posting this information. Your advice was very helpful and gave me a new perspective on this sword. Very best regards. Alexander.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..