Not Sure It Is Possible To Translate.

LostDutchman

Fuchi is 

翠柳軒  Suiryūken

友長老人    Tomonaga rōjin (kao)

Seems to be a late Edo-period metalworker - aka Suisan-tomonaga. No other info. 

For the sword, a better picture of that last kanji on the tang might help determine what it is.

• Like 2

Fuchi is 

翠柳軒  Suiryūken

友長老人    Tomonaga rōjin (kao)

Seems to be a late Edo-period metalworker - aka Suisan-tomonaga. No other info. 

For the sword, a better picture of that last kanji on the tang might help determine what it is.

I can try to get a better picture of the tang... but that picture alone took me several minutes to get to that point. The kanji is fairly weak. 

I see HIRO for the last kanji.  FUJIWARA KANEHIRO as a signature suggests a Bungo Takada blade.  However, entering "FUJIWARA KANEHIRO" in google only gives longer signatures, no nijimei.  More weight needs to be put on the blade itself, possibly even to the extent of a window.  Personally, it looks to me as if someone has tried to obliterate the signature.

BaZZa.

• Like 1

兼房 Kanefusa is another slight possibility. But I would lean towards Kanehiro. I'm not mega-confident in either of these.

Now the sword has to tell you who made it. Tough for it to do when its out of polish. 

Edit: Looking at this on a better screen now... I doubt its Kanefusa. Still not confident about any of the possibilities so far. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..