Shin Gunto. The Signature On The Nakago.

Fumei

Vladimir, The writing on the tsuba and seppa (handguard and spacers) are 2240, just assembly numbers from the factory to keep fitted parts together.

Someone should be able to give you some info on the kamon (family crest). Very beautiful! Do you know any of it's story? How did you come across it?

• Like 1

Vladimir, The writing on the tsuba and seppa (handguard and spacers) are 2240, just assembly numbers from the factory to keep fitted parts together.

Someone should be able to give you some info on the kamon (family crest). Very beautiful! Do you know any of it's story? How did you come across it?

Sadly I cannot find an info about this kamon.

I know only this sword was an attribute of general of Kwantung Army.

I'll appreciate if someone helps me to determine kamon of this sword.

Hummm

Vlad hoping for something other than?

https://forum-antikvariat.ru/index.php/topic/207539-ieroglify-na-rukoyati-singun-to-pomosch-s-perevod/

山壽- Yamakotobuki when Japanese read. If Chinese, Shān shòu. As a place name is found in Taiwan. Sense in Japanese is not (this is probably the name of the master ). In Chinese may mean "mountain life," but it is open to question. 

https://forum-antikvariat.ru/index.php/topic/207908-yaponskij-ofitcerskij-mech-sin-gunto-skolko-mozhe/

• Like 2

Vlad,

How many Russian bring back swords from the July 45 Blitz are usually at the Kiev antique markets?   Stephen and I will fly in by next Friday using reward points,  Ray probably will too, but on a private jet in 48 hours.   Can you pick us up?

Best Regards,

Bob

• Like 1

Vlad,

How many Russian bring back swords from the July 45 Blitz are usually at the Kiev antique markets?   Stephen and I will fly in by next Friday using reward points,  Ray probably will too, but on a private jet in 48 hours.   Can you pick us up?

Best Regards,

Bob

Good joke, Bob!  :thumbsup:

Best Regards,
Vladimir

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..