Coming from HK the flights are relatively cheap from Vanilla Air.  

it was mentioned that the dates are 18/19/20 November 2016

Would the best flight schedule then be evening of 17 Nov - Morning 21 Nov?  

Are there activities outside of the DTI that are planned (either before or after)?

• 2 months later...

I could only go for a about an hour on the last day. By that time the organizers had run out of catalogs, so I guess from their point of view it was a success. 

There were more foreigners than I'd ever seen before.

There were more females than I'd ever seen before. 

There was still a ton of product to see in the last hour; everything from high end (20M yen) Shinkai pieces, to garden-variety mumei wakizashi.

So many tsuba to look at, you'd need at least a day just for tsuba. I nearly bought a gendai tsuba made by a smith in Nagoya (I think) called Yoshiyuki (義之). It was selling for 125,000 and I'm kind of kicking myself now that I didn't buy it. I was hoping the dealer would come down in price, since it was the closing minutes of the show, but he wasn't having any of it. The tsuba was made from absolutely gorgeous iron - the design was a phrase (in letters) 長運武久 and and was lovely to look at and hold. In this style. http://www.e-sword.jp/sale/2013/1310_6043syousai.htm

As it is I walked away without having bought anything. I wish I could have spent more time there. 

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..