Acrylic Sword Stands

I was wondering were to find acrylic sword stands designed to hold a bare blade. I have been able to find numerous sources for acrylic stands that fit a saya but haven't been able to find them for bare blades. I have seen examples of the stands in displays at museums or special exhibits, but no luck finding them for purchase.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mikevorn

These stands are not made to hold bare blades but to hold koshirae or shirasaya.

I have seen when Robert Burawoy was still in activity, in his gallery, katana kake . The upper part had two slots made for receiving the bare blade, under you could put the koshirae

• Like 1

Hello

I had a stand made that had a circular opening on the left upright. The corresponding opening on the right side had a slotted circular insert that could rotate. That allowed the blade to be angled for the best viewing. The stand was made of puces that were fastened together when set up. Sorry I don't have photos but will take some next week.

Any plastics fabricator can make you one.

Regards,

Barry Hennick

• Like 1

I have these ones, both the wall version and table version, 1 single slot (Koshirae or shirasaya, not both), 2 slot (for shirasaya and koshirae together like in the images), or 4 slot (for 2 koshirae and 2 shirasaya together). I like the fact that they are separate because you can space them as you please. Last image is the 4 slot on display in my living room with only 3 slots occupied. In the close ups you can see the edges are nicely finished. Email me if its your cup of tea.

post-2223-0-58466600-1472836157_thumb.jpegpost-2223-0-17381400-1472836159_thumb.jpegpost-2223-0-72587500-1472836160_thumb.jpegpost-2223-0-05876200-1472836163_thumb.jpegpost-2223-0-63201500-1472836164_thumb.jpegpost-2223-0-17738600-1472836166_thumb.jpegpost-2223-0-37841800-1472836305_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I have these ones, both the wall version and table version, 1 single slot (Koshirae or shirasaya, not both), 2 slot (for shirasaya and koshirae together like in the images), or 4 slot (for 2 koshirae and 2 shirasaya together). I like the fact that they are separate because you can space them as you please. Last image is the 4 slot on display in my living room with only 3 slots occupied. In the close ups you can see the edges are nicely finished. Email me if its your cup of tea.

attachicon.gifimage1.jpegattachicon.gifimage2.jpegattachicon.gifimage3.jpegattachicon.gifimage4.jpegattachicon.gifimage5.jpegattachicon.gifimage6.jpegattachicon.gifIMG_5255.JPG

In love with that display  :Drool:

I think a plastic fabricator may be the way to go. There are a lot of great stands pictured, but they seem to be made primarily for koshira.

I am really interested to see the stand Barry mentioned. It is an interesting concept. I have been using a light with a flexible neck to capture the best angle, but a stand the changes angles would be really cool.

Thank you everyone for the help.

• Like 1

Gadge if you do end up making one let us know the cost if you are happy to do more than one. I live in Vic and would be keen to get on board for one if it goes ahead, depending on price ofcourse. Im sure there would be plenty of interest from members if it works out. All the best

Greg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..