Unusual Stamp

Hi Bruce,

I've not seen that before. Certainly looks deliberately struck as opposed to some of the rust pits and indentations that get mistaken for stamps. I had a look through the books that show a variety of military stamps and couldn't find anything similar.

Forged on the grounds of Xavier's School for Gifted Children for one of the X-Men ?

Seriously, you should post this under the translation section.  More people are likely to see it and perhaps they can provide some information.

• Like 1

I don't know what it is but if this was a nihonto at the origin, it has been very badly tampered with. The nakago is awful, have alook at the tsuba ana.... Some remaining yasurime makes me think of a showato which has been machi okuri and the habaki moved up. But without anymore pictures no one can say what it is: fake or real. Obviously, the guy who posted it did not know what pictures to attach..

• Like 1

odd ball is a term that is miss-leading, IMHO is worth avoiding due it being of almost rubbish quality.

if you want a true oddball, check this out.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Japanese-SWORD-SABER-PUBLISHED-IN-DAWSONS-BOOK-VERY-RARE-RUSSIAN-BLADE-MONSTER/162184005689?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D37252%26meid%3D4d5876ea844b482fb6bcdd73cf5e1ce1%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D5%26rkt%3D11%26sd%3D142100208475

PS I would like a commission on final sale ahhahaha

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..