Fake Type 95 Nco Swords

Shamsy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Not a Type 95, but saw this and thought I'd be good to post here rather than have it lost in a new thread.

Not a fake, a replica Type 32. I'm sure some will be listed as original after some false aginh6though. They are very cheap, coming out of China. 

jot080c1-01.jpg

jot080c1-02.jpg

• Like 1

Steve

These are not Type 32 wannabe.It is a modern Chinese copy of the original 60's Chinese PLA Type 65 cavalry sword. Although Type 65 is an official copy of Japanese type 32 by PLA.😀

PS:I'm looking to buy the original Type 65 cavalry sword, if any member got one and wants to part with it, please let me know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BANGBANGSAN said:

These are not Type 32 wannabe. It is a modern Chinese copy of the original 60's Chinese PLA Type 65 cavalry sword. Although Type 65 is an official copy of Japanese Type 32 by PLA.😀

PS: I'm looking to buy the original Type 65 cavalry sword, if any member got one and wants to part with it, please let me know.

We have been looking for you BangBangSan!  Do you happen to have the history on these?

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/f216/short-development-history-type-95-gunto-676112-post2097693/#post2097693

15 hours ago, Shamsy said:

Not a Type 95, but saw this and thought I'd be good to post here rather than have it lost in a new thread.

Not a fake, a replica Type 32. I'm sure some will be listed as original after some false aginh6though. They are very cheap, coming out of China. 

jot080c1-01.jpg

jot080c1-02.jpg

Usualy got a stainless blade like other wallhangers.

3 hours ago, Kiipu said:

We have been looking for your BangBangSan!  Do you happen to have the history on these?

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/f216/short-development-history-type-95-gunto-676112-post2097693/#post2097693

Thomas

Chinese cavalry was using captured Japanese Type 32 and the cavalry in Xinjiang province were using Russian Shashka saber until the 1960s, PLA decided to make their cavalry sword based on Type 32 with some improvement.At the time China can't make a decent blade fit the PLA's requirement, Russia has better industry and experiences to make the cavalry sword, so the PLA orders the blade from Russia, then Chrome and make other parts assemble them together at 3521 Arsenal in Nan Jing. Since PLA only has 3 cavalry troop (Xin Jiang, Gan Su, and Inner Mongolia) in the '60s, only a few thousand Type 65 were complete.

Around 1985,PLA disarmament about one million troops, PLA kept only around 1000-1200 cavalry and divide them into two-unit, one in Gan Su, and one in Inner Mongolia. Most of the retired Type 65 sword was export to North America around the late 80's-early 90's  with other weapons from China.
Type 65 is the First and Last cavalry sword of PLA, and it's still in service. Many Chinese collectors want to own one of these sword but can't get the original army issued one in China, so some sword company in China start to make replicas for the market, they are not trying to make Type 32 replica.

This sword is greatly improved over the Japanese 1932 sword.  It is improved in the following ways: It is longer and more massive. The blade is heat treated in a better fashion.   The atresia (not sure what that is/those are) are improved to avoid breakage during aggressive sheathing.  The hanging ring is replaces with two hanging rings permitting shoulder carry.  The handle texture is improved for a better grip.  

In addition, this sword is more imposing in appearance that the Japanese 32 sword.

The Chinese cavalry troops found this sword to be more useful in horseback attacks typically involving hacking and slicing at the enemy than the Japanese sword which was designed more for purpose of stabbing and detail cutting (maybe a reference to ritual disembowelment).

But I think the overall quality is not as good as Japanese Type 32.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Atresia" is a medical term referring to the narrowing of a tube such as the throat or intestine.... Given the vagarities of translation from one language to another, I would understand that what was referred to was the "throat" of the scabbard, and  widening it to make sheathing easier.

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, BANGBANGSAN said:

it's original WW2 Type 95 NCO sword

Trystan,
Just a suggestion (and to others)

At the bottom of a topic is a reply box. Please type replies there and do not quote. Unless you are quoting a selected passage.
That way we don't have to wade through all the same pics and info again. Thanks.

• Like 3

I will sometimes use a quote if there are several persons in the conversation and I want to talk directly to one person.  I'll also quote sometimes if there is a chance the person I want to connect with might not come back to the thread.  Quoting sends an email to them, increasing the likelihood they will see my post and respond.  In either case, if there are pictures, I delete the pictures from their quote before I post my reply.

But I realize quoting uses up server space, and I probably am guilty of practicing it too often, too.

Bruce,
Big difference between highlighting a sentence and quoting it to address a point, and just using the quote button as a reply button. We don't need to see the 10 posted pics 3 posts up..all over again.
Nothing to do with server space. Just a neater look. Not asking people to stop quoting. Just to stop using the quote as a reply.
We have a nice new reply box at the end of every thread that is nice to use.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Not very often we get to see one with the tsuka off.  This one - NCO shin gunto fake? - shows the ignorance of the fakers.  All that trouble to get a better copy of a Type 95 and they put junk kanji on the nakago!

I noticed the "TO" inspector marks reminded me of one of the examples earlier in this thread, so I compared them.  Very similar.  The Kokura cannon balls are different, but similar Suya and TO.

Collage 2021-01-03 21_11_24.jpg

• Thanks 1

It certainly reminded me of that earlier one, Bruce. Better stamps and more true, but still the same issues we see in almost all of the fake 95s. The patina is the typical hurried affair and sloppy too.

Which I'm quite grateful for, honestly. I don't like the idea that one day my historical swords will be indistinguishable from some cheap crap thrown out of a factory that day. I don't think the patina is something that they will ever get right though.

Copied the pictures because I like to consolidate them in one thread.

IMG-20210103-WA0028.thumb.jpg.d95ba7b4b1ac9417df399d3b154ded00.jpg

IMG-20210103-WA0025.thumb.jpg.09d68b923ae8f7b7bd4ada4dbf349339.jpg

IMG-20210103-WA0023.thumb.jpg.52a9b6d20fba09048e0aa8c0d597c837.jpg

IMG-20210103-WA0021.thumb.jpg.a9c2a319c58fb729a7f6583c641269f9.jpg

IMG-20210103-WA0015.thumb.jpg.88abf444f3b6b23963592c70a41de91e.jpg

IMG-20210103-WA0022.thumb.jpg.db0778cd3b334a7360dd4ccedfaa0123.jpg

IMG-20210103-WA0013.thumb.jpg.e01b2784aa125d86f5566153319bcf55.jpg

IMG-20210103-WA0024.thumb.jpg.a2ee7d613152aa3aec279bc3b29f069e.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I created an album under Fake Japanese Swords, called Fake NCO Swords. Anyone with Gold Status can upload images and use the comment section to describe what we are looking for in the pic.
Suggest using it sparingly, to highlight some of the most important indicators of fakes.

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...