Hizen Ju Mutso Kami Tadayoshi Mei - Hard Time Deciding

Daso

Hello all,  I've gone through countless images of Tadayoshi signatures and although I would highly anticipate gimei just based on the name itself, to my very very very untrained eye this looked very close to some papered pieces.  The one in question is just a single tang picture, the picture of the papered Tadayoshi is from Nihonto.ca and has multiple shots.  Thanks,

Darius

post-3622-0-92807700-1465929885_thumb.png

post-3622-0-15746100-1465930135_thumb.jpg

Hi Darius,

Compare the zen kanji (in Hi-zen) on the blade in question with the same kanji in the Nihonto.ca sword and see if you can see the difference. The signature on the sword in question is definitely gimei based on where one little stroke is placed in the zen kanji. That's the second character from the top and is a characteristic of the entire Tadahiro, Tadayoshi family. 

Hi Darius,

Compare the zen kanji (in Hi-zen) on the blade in question with the same kanji in the Nihonto.ca sword and see if you can see the difference. The signature on the sword in question is definitely gimei based on where one little stroke is placed in the zen kanji. That's the second character from the top and is a characteristic of the entire Tadahiro, Tadayoshi family. 

Ed,  I will look at this closely, when I looked now I can faintly see what you mention but I'll look it closer at home to compare.  Thank you,

Darius

Thank you. I now The sword is without question Gimei and the Hon'ami fake because of the very helpful first hand knowledge of a board member who cared (like you guys have as well).  Thanks All..

Darius

• 2 weeks later...

The signature resembles the writing style on a sword where 2nd Gen MASAHIRO was teaching HIS own SON Masanaga.

2nd Gen Masahiro's rise to fame is closely linked to the Mutsu's (3rd Gen Tadayoshi's) rise (both received titles in 1660 and 1661)

SELL IT TO ME. Anyone who thinks they have a gimei Tadayoshi. I'm buying (I'll be paying as if it's a fake). I've compiled 100 years of Tadayoshi swords in sequence and have found none of the swords to be gimei at all. Broad statement yes. If you THINK it's gimei then sell me a bargain. I'll take them all. If you still think it's fake PAY ME to take it off your hands. I'll pay what you paid for it x

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..