New Sword.. Need Some Help!

J Reid

Hey guys! I just acquired this new sword. Looks like a late Shinto/early shinshinto mino blade. It is signed in sosho script with nenki. It's just too long and kind of messy for my translation skills.. Any help?

P.s sorry about the bad pictures.. My camera is broken. :(

post-1842-0-37293800-1465267915_thumb.jpeg

post-1842-0-93315800-1465267927_thumb.jpeg

Looks like Kojima Kanemichi (one of the ones mentioned in Stephen's link).

Here are some other Kanemichi signatures for comparison. 

http://www.sanmei.com/contents/media/G45577_S8110_PUP.htm

http://www.e-sword.jp/sale/2014/1410_1063syousai.htm

Showa 14 (again, repeating, or affirming Stephen's post), or maybe Showa 10 with a zodiac sign after it... hard to tell.  Some closer shots would help. The chalk is a bit distracting. 

so much better photos, and yes super cool cut of the mei

KANEMICHI (兼道), Shōwa (昭和, 1926-1989), Gifu – “Nōshū Seki-jū Kanemichi kore o saku” (濃州関住兼道作之), “Nōshū Seki-jū Kojima Kanemichi kore o saku” (濃州関住 小島兼道作之), real name Kojima Tokijirō (小島時次郎), born July 1st 1902, he first studied under the Zenjō Kaneyoshi-student Kojima Katsumasa (小島勝正) and later also under Watanabe Kanenaga (渡辺兼永), later he trained many swordsmiths himself, he signed first with Kanetoki (兼時) and worked during World War II as a rikugun-jumei-tōshō, he died on Februar 15th 1983, kihin no retsu (Akihide), Special Honor Seat at the 6th Shinsaku Nihontō Denrankai (新作日本刀展覧会, 1941) 

number.gif  and yes its shi 
  • Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..