Nobuie Translation Project

Markus

Hi Markus another member of my club wants the colour print edition and so we have another participant. He asked about how to pay for this. I suggested that the first part is paying for the translation and receiving the PDF file. The second part is ordering and paying for the book. 

Have you figured out how we will proceed.

Have you figured out how we will proceed.

@Barry: Yes, and I take your post as an opportunity to let y'all know how things will go from here.

At this moment, counting in also the latest participant from Barry's club, we have 62 who are in the boat. This drops the price of the translation to $45 per person. The New York Token Kai has a meeting this Sunday, May 22nd, and I am gonna use this as the deadline to join the project. I will be in touch with the group and report back at the earliest possible time to tell you the final price. So in the meanwhile, please fill up your PayPal (or pull out your checkbook). Please bear in mind that a PayPal fee of 4% applies. Not trying to be fussy but it adds up. So somewhere around $45~47 it should be. Also I kindly ask you to transfer the to be announced amount to "markus.sesko@gmail.com" asap, not because we are in a hurry but because we are over 60 and it makes things much easier for me if I can cross off as many as possible right away. Don't want to track down 1/3 of the payments over several weeks. I really appreciate your understanding and let's keep everything as smooth as possible. If you have any questions about the payment or where to send a check, just drop me a mail at the very same address mentioned above.

In addition to the payment, also please drop me a short mail and tell me to which email address the download link (via wetransfer.com) to the PDF-based eBook should be sent when the translation is finished. This will also be the email address to which the private link to Lulu will be sent for you to order one of the two print copies. As with earlier projects, the royalties will of course be set to 0 so all you pay is print and shipping. I am not going to make any more money with the book orders as the costs for the translations have been covered with your "participation fee" of $45~47. In short, my job is basically done at that time.

If you want me to do all the ordering with Lulu and have one of the two print versions sent to your place, you can pay me directly again later, i.e. when the exact costs for the print copies are known. Also I have to calculate shipping individually, so for the first round, please do not send me more than the (soon to be announced) "participation fee". We can talk via email about the print copies later when the translation is finished. 

I hope the keypoints of how everything is going from here are clear. But I am around anyway.  :)

• Like 2

@Jean: End price is not yet settled so I suggest we wait until you are back from your trip. On the other hand, fluctuation should be relative minimal and if you want this done before your vacation and don't mind overpaying $2~3, yes, just transfer me that amount and I cross you off the list :) 

Thanks Jean, you got now official permission to leave the NMB for your fishing trip :) Have fun!

@Henry: As we are soon approaching the end of May, I think a realistic date for the completion of the translation should be some time in July.

• Like 1

I'll try and get payment done as soon as we settle on a final figure. Every $ counts when you are spending SA Rands :(
Would it be of any help to list all the names that have committed and cross them off as payment is done, or would people object a bit..and would it assist?

Brian

• Like 1

Wasn't thinking of it as shaming. Just keeping track of the progress. Everyone has posted here they are participating?

Saves Markus emailing people to update them or remind them. But I have no problem with skipping that process. Just need a final value to pay.

As I have also a bunch of participants from outside of the NMB, I will cross off payers from my own list for the time being. Maybe I will have to post a little "reminder" after a week or so. As things are doing at the moment (and calculating pre-approvals that just need confirmation), I am pretty positive that the final fee will be $42 (and this already includes the PayPal fee).

After awaiting last confirmations, this is now the official announcement for the payments and the project to go ahead. Some more got in but also some dropped out, what was to be expected. The final number of participants is thus 61 and with the generous dontation of the New York Token Kai, we arrive at a per person fee of:

$45

As stated above, either please PayPal me this amount to "markus.sesko@gmail.com" or send me a check to "Markus Sesko, 623 Windchime Dr, Wilmington NC 28412". Please note that I decided to refrain from adding the 4% PayPal fee (otherwise we would go back up to $47). I just don't want to add those few bucks just because the dropping out members would have again increased the final fee a little. Well, I think we did very great with this one and I would have never thought that we will go beyond the $100 mark.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..