Interesting Pdf Articles And Links

Thanks Brian, 

glad someone is enjoying them :thumbsup:

This one is a follow up to the NMB thread that was started about the meaning of a "beams" sukashi motif on a tsuba.

As the thread grew, it seemed like a natural fit to expand it into just about any pattern that had "linear" motifs, so this article ended up including motifs with "Beams, Bars, Sticks and Rays".

It's amazing how many ideas can be conveyed with just a few straight lines.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

A real gem uploaded today, shared with us by Malcolm Cox.
@mecox hasn't just provided us with an article, this is a book! And an incredibly detailed one. Huge thanks from all of us Mal.
The subject is the swordsmiths of Kaga province. I trust you will all join me in thanking Mal (and all the others that share with us their valuable research)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

An electronic version was available at one time on disc, to be used in conjunction with the paper version of the books. It did not contain any pictures; it was provided to enable electronic searches of the documents.

Dan K

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/22/2016 at 7:44 AM, Brian said:

I've just stumbled across this amazing thread for the first time, and downloaded a bunch of the pdf's for study later. However, none of these ones seem to work anymore :( 

When I use the link provided above (https://www.militaria.co.za/nmb/topic/2062-interesting-book-article-and-pdf-downloads/) I get this:

image.thumb.png.fb8fe826883dc756420eea7baf3f3a77.png