Thematic Tsuba

vajo

Chris, there are some very fine tsuba there, but some are terribly badly treated by wire? brushing the patina off.

These will have very low value until a professional restores them. I know it would be an expensive job to have done to all that need it, but it simply HAS to be done. Suggest keeping most, and selling off a few so that someone can send them for restoration. You will be amazed to see what they will come back looking like.

I think most of these tsuba have been worked on.

I hope Ford sees this thread, as he could comment on the conditions and what is possible. That tiger tsuba would be simply amazing once restored. Nothing like what it looks like now.
Please consider restoration or passing some on to someone who will have it done.

Yes..there are some very nice late 19th C work there.

Hello Brian, Hello Stephen.

Thank you for the kindly words.

I take some money to get these Tsuba. The lady who sell these asked me not to sell seperate. If i must sell i should sell it complete.

I know the story behind the items is not important so i will not bore the users with it.

Yes, if i can handle the restore and if Ford would do it, it think i will take some money more in hands to bring them alive.

Maybe after restoring and a time enjoying them i will sell.

But now i will show you the rest of the collection. I'm not a professional photograph and making some o.k. photos is not so easy (for me).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..