Translation And Quality Help

chrisfe

i recently purchased this katana from the descendant of a WWII vet the story is that his unit raided a sword armory and this one was hanging in the only office. i assume that it belonged to the officer in charge of the armory but their are a few things i need help with. one is a stamp on the blade that i dont recognize but assume means it is a machine made blade, i also havnt had any luck translating the tang. the second is the tassel it is a brown tassel but has a yellow loop on the end and is the first i have seen like this.

p.s. if any one knows anything about a green/brown rank tassel that would also be appreciated i havnt been able to find anything about a green brown combo but know that blue brown is company grade

post-3531-0-47385300-1453668523_thumb.jpg

post-3531-0-58344800-1453668533_thumb.jpg

post-3531-0-09562000-1453668534_thumb.jpg

post-3531-0-60884500-1453668534_thumb.jpg

post-3531-0-12371000-1453668535_thumb.jpg

Here is a link where Ohmura shows a brown/green tassle and says that it is simply faded:http://ohmura-study.net/754.html. I'm looking for a reference about the all red(brown) tassle in your pic. I have a memory of reading somewhere that late-war army tassles went to all brown, but the shade was different than the all brown navy tassle. I'll post if I can find it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..