Releasing Digital Copies Of Edo Period(?) Oshigata Notebook

Hello all.  Thanks for your concern, Brian. Let's just say the past year has been very challenging.  

On the topic of copies of the digital notebook,  I stopped offering those when I posted them to a public translation project on one of my websites.  While there was some initial interest in the projects (the Nakamura notebook, the 1620 Ono clan oshiata scrolls, and a mid-1800's manuscript copy of a section of the Heiho Yukan on fortification), over time use of the site was at best intermittent.

Meanwhile,  I've been indulging myself in the collecting, study and identification of period Japanese manuscripts, mostly dealing with the topics of nihonto, military tactics or strategy, and kojitsu (etiquette and proper behaviour at court).  

Thus I've recently made the decision to repurpose the translation project  site;  it is presently presently undergoing redesign, and will eventually reappear as Hidensho Antique Japanese Manuscripts and Scrolls

Through this site I will be offering Meiji-and-earlier period Japanese woodblock print books, hand-written / illustrated manuscripts and scrolls for sale or auction (auction would likely be in concert with eBay).  In addition, I will be posting articles, academic items and news related to antique period Japanese manuscripts.  A simple discussion forum will be provided for those who wish to discuss aspects of antique Japanese documents or collecting. 

Finally, and of most interest to NMB members I think:  there will be a "Projects" area where the pictures and translations of the Nakamura, Ono and Heiho Yukan manuscripts / scrolls -- which were almost totally translated by volunteer members of NMB -- will be made available to the public, albeit in a somewhat different format than present.  Additional projects for translations / identification may also be be posted, if there are enough interested volunteers.

• Like 4

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..