Echizen Kinai Book Translation Project

jlawson

We are currently working on an English translation for the Echizen Kinai Tsuba 1988 by Tsuruwaka. This will be done similarly as we did with the Choshu book and is being done by Markus Sessko. The last translation was done in super high quality and contained an incredible amount of information that has never been available in English. We expect the same thing from this translation. 

The Kinai group of fittings makers were prolific and there are a great many pieces in collections. If you have not seen the book before it contains an incredible amount of information on this group including kantei points on each generation as well as differences in their multiple families. Our target for this will be completed in February and cost $125. If you are interested in being part of the project send me a PM and reply here as well. 

For reference, here is the book on Grey's site - http://www.japaneseswordbooksandtsuba.com/store/books/b539-echizen-kinai-tsuba-tsuruoka

Thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

FYI several other people have emailed me to commit but we have much fewer than the last time when we did the Choshu book. Markus has already started the translation so please let me know if you would like to participate. Thanks for your help in this project. 

• 1 month later...

FYI I heard from Markus today that this translation is done and he is now just cleaning up some formatting and images. If you haven't replied that you wanted to be a part of this translation or haven't Pm'ed me then please do so now. Really appreciate everyones help in offsetting the cost to have this great book translated by Markus Sesko. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..