2 Books For Sale Great Prices: Rise Of Rai School And Kanesada And Kanemoto

Eric Santucci

Hi folks, these are the last two books I'll be posting before the holidays.  I will probably have a smattering of some additional ones in January (a very nice Kodogu book and some others), but this is it for now.

1.  Kanesada and Kanemoto: Mino-To of the Sengoku Jidai

Gifu City Museum of History, Japan (2008)
This book showcases 39 exhibited blades followed by an illustrated glossary of kantei-points and signatures.  It is in Japanese only; however, it is an excellent reference book for nakago, signatures, and viewing some really beautiful Mino-to school blades.  Highly recommended for the Kanemoto and Kanesada fans. 
80 pages, 7½ x 11½" soft cover 

Condition: interior contents in pristine condition. Front and back covers have some marring and abundant light scratches throughout.  It is a glossy black cover so if you breath on it wrong, it will get a scratch.  In any case, it's a nice book and I can't find any current ones for sale now. 

Last listed price I found from about 5 years ago was $75. 

Let's try $45 for this one +shipping/insurance to your location. 

2.  Nihonto: The Rise and Prosperity of Masterful Rai School in Kyoto

This book showcases the Kamakura period Rai smiths in black and white with some color illustrations.  Japanese text with plates in English.  A great reference book and very enjoyable. 

Softbound, 8 ¾ x 11 ¾”, 129 pages

Condition: interior contents in pristine condition.  One corner of the book and about 17 pages have some very slight (as in 3mm) bend to them.  Otherwise Very Good. 

This book is listed for anywhere between $80 - 150.

My price: $45 + shipping/insurance to your destination.

Please PM me with any interest.  Thanks!

Archived