Several New Swords.....

Ed

Thanks guys. Yeah, that Koshirae is soooo nice it is all I can do to part with it.

The Gassan is so much better in hand than the photos depict that I have to wear a bib when looking at it.

Odd too, that it hasn't sold.  I mean, a papered, polished Gassan Sadakatsu Katana for 10K !!!!  Damn.

I hope all the newbies out there will look at the Yoroidoshi.  How many times do people post or list long thin tanto with the title "Yoroidoshi", when it just ain't so.

This is a good example to see the thickness associated with the real deal.  I wish everyone who hasn't seen a real yoroidoshi could hold it in their hands. They would never mistake another plain tanto for a yoroidoshi. 

Everything listed is very nice, the Masaiye Katana is gorgeous, flawless, papered and has only been owned by two people in the last 40 years.

• Like 1

It I would have the money.... :Drool:

http://yakiba.com/Kat_Sadakatsu.htm

I have looked at that no less than a dozen times - Constantly saying to myself, "You do not collect Gassan... You do not collect Gassan.... You do not collect Gassan.... You do not collect Gassan"

With the reply, "Yeah, but you could start..."

PS: I would think if sent to Japan, this would have a strong shot at TH now that they are starting to award TH to gendaito and this one is special.  If it were a little longer, it would be a shoe-in.

• Like 1

The Gassan is so much better in hand than the photos depict that I have to wear a bib when looking at it.

Odd too, that it hasn't sold.  I mean, a papered, polished Gassan Sadakatsu Katana for 10K !!!!  Damn.

Trade you for a forum? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

• Like 1

I know on good authority that the Sadakatsu that Ed has posted is an incredible blade. ;)

Definitely one of the best I have seen in my entire time collecting Sadakatsu pieces and I have no doubt it would achieve TH. Sadakatsu's work is always impressive, but there is an incredible elegance with this sword that sets it apart from other works of his I have seen (and I have seen a lot of his work).

And, Ed's pictures are incredible (always incredible magnified detail), but he is correct in saying that in person this sword is infinitely more impressive. When you hold it and see the substance and the way the lines come together as well as the beauty in the elegant sugata and distinct hada, you will be impressed even if you are not a lover of gendaito.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..