Up For Sale - Oya Kunisada Wakizashi

PeterS

Dear Christian and Stephen!

I'm sorry, i didn't know that... i didn't read...

I didn't want to write starting price but if i should...

I think under 2000 USD i don't want to sell.

I hope it's enough for the rules.

Thank you very much for the warnings and your attention.

ATBTY

Peter

Maybe I don't know how the system works. And maybe it is because I own a Kunisada that I like a lot. But why is this a "regular saku" blade? and more to the point, at this price, why ain't somebody jumping on it?

Peter

Dear Peter!

I don' know why...

Maybe the peoples are afraid that the blade isn't original.

I think too that would be correct ooffer for this wakizashi more higher.

I wrote a limit, under this i don't sell this wakizashi.

At this price i give thanks for the offer.

If i'll get a good price (what i think for this sword) than i say "amen". Withoot waiting or hasitate. First offer what i think well will be win.

If i get better offer what i think than may be surprices too... :-D

I'm very curious to offers.

ATBTY

Peter

Peter,

I think that your sword might be good value for the money. Alas, the photographs you have provided are - excuse me for being blunt - substandard.

I cannot see the hamon, just the hadori finish. I cannot see the hada - is it itame with masame? I see some black spots in the ha, but I'd like to have a close up so I can see what they are. If they are rust, I'd like to be able to see if the rust is serious.

I also see that the new shirasaya has an inserted sayagaki. I think that people here on the board would help to translate it (as long as they are warned that the sword is for sale). I'd like to know what is written there, and surely, prospective buyers would like to know it, too.

It takes some effort to sell a $2k item. You should make this effort and if the sword is as good as it seems, I am sure it will sell. Whining won't help, good pictures will.

Sorry to be a bit harsh, but it is in your interest, not mine.

Peter,

I think that your sword might be good value for the money. Alas, the photographs you have provided are - excuse me for being blunt - substandard.

I cannot see the hamon, just the hadori finish. I cannot see the hada - is it itame with masame? I see some black spots in the ha, but I'd like to have a close up so I can see what they are. If they are rust, I'd like to be able to see if the rust is serious.

I also see that the new shirasaya has an inserted sayagaki. I think that people here on the board would help to translate it (as long as they are warned that the sword is for sale). I'd like to know what is written there, and surely, prospective buyers would like to know it, too.

It takes some effort to sell a $2k item. You should make this effort and if the sword is as good as it seems, I am sure it will sell. Whining won't help, good pictures will.

Sorry to be a bit harsh, but it is in your interest, not mine.

Dear Marius!

No problem, you wasn't harsh.

The sayagaki translation:

二百円       和泉守藤原國貞

200 Yen    Mei    Izumi no Kami Fujiwara Kunisada

日高三二

Hidaka 23

佐世保市     小佐世保町一二五六

Sasebo-shi    Ko-sasebo-cho 1256

I think this saya is not new... maybe was made before the WWII... i think that about the wood... But i'm not axactly sure.

Here is some pix. I'm sorry, but i can' make better.

Yes, you saw well, the blade has 3 rust spot. The blade has a fight flaw on the ura side near the kissaki at the shinogi ji too...

I hope these informations will be helpful to You and to everyone.

ATBTY

Peter

Pix:

post-2758-0-12180300-1448557750_thumb.jpg

post-2758-0-98668300-1448557759_thumb.jpg

post-2758-0-34944900-1448557768_thumb.jpg

post-2758-0-68932000-1448557777_thumb.jpg

post-2758-0-30591700-1448557787_thumb.jpg

Steven is right.

You second batch of pictures, the first one in the series, last one bottom right. This ware in the hamon kills the blade, there even can be a hagire in the middle of it.

Whoever sold this blade to you should take it back if he did not show it to you

Good Morning Jean, All,

Jean, I'm only suggesting to 'show' the blade to a polisher to get his thoughts and professional opinion on the good, the bad, and the ugly (sorry, couldn't resist), and to ask .... 'is this blade done?' 

Years ago I was looking at a koto wakizashi that I was certain was beyond restoration due to all the kind of pitting/rust/flaws we see on this blade only even much more extensive as I recall. I spoke to a polisher who had looked at this blade and he said that it would come out fine with perhaps a few small pits remaining of the deeper pits within the hamon. It was at this point in my learning that I realized polishers don't look at a blade the same way as most collectors do. It is really quite amazing what an excellent polisher can do if he has enough metal to work with, and most of the time a polisher can tell you right away what the story will be. 

Yes Peter im sorry the blade is far too corroded, Tsuruta san should give you your money back it he did not show the damage. 

Dear Stephen!

Oh, no problem :-D

Yes, has spots of rust but in live not so big.

The blade work well at the tameshigiri (no hagire, beafy and strong blade).

I think i hold it to me.

Thanks for everything.

ATBTY

Peter

ps.:

Dear Marius!

No. Was not to much. ;-) The polishing was my work, but i didn't want to lost to much meat. Old days used at so that flaws red urushi lacquering. For practice will be great to me. Thanks for your opinions and your kindness. ATBTY. Peter

Dear Jean!

Thanks. I understood your answer but i agree to You, that this blade work well at cutting practise. The tsuka not usual shape. At this shape the cutting faster a little bit... I think if i have a little time nowadays than i'll make a new profile picure :-DDDD Have a great day, thanks again and ATBTY. Peter

Dear Franco!

Thanks. I think you'd right. But i'm a nobody :-D

Importantly to me at the polishing the cutting ability as the beauty. The blde has enough meat for a bigger polish. But never will be usable for cutting. This mean to me the "killed blade". Now just ugly ;-)))))

I think i hold myself... Thanks for your opinion and ATBTY. Peter

Dear All!

Thanks for every member attention.

ATBTYA

Peter

• Like 2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..