Chinese Fake Translation?

Brian

"Made by Yu-something-Ping in 2015" (it doesn't matter what his name is)  Yu is a common Chinese surname.  Given names don't really follow any rules; you can use almost any word you'd use every day to make up your given name so although the 平  in his given name means peace, it, again, really doesn't matter what his name is.  The name is 3 characters which is the norm for the VAST majority of everyone Chinese... Caleb

Repro/In-the-style-of, I guess.

Same as all the other replicas out there. They call themselves Japanese swords, claim to be from some "small little forge in China producing forged and folded blades" that are always better than all the others, and always make huge claims of authenticity. Of course they all have genuine hamon, always produced by "clay heat treating" and some even have some hataraki.

But they then tell you how collectible and rare they are. That's when I get angry. :bang:

Okay, as someone literally SURROUNDED by fakes: do we ~really~ need a made-in-China product to say "Made in Japan" for it to piss us off?  Is it not enough that the packaging is SURROUNDED with not only Japanese words, but design style, pictures of Japanese people etc. to leave a sour taste in the mouth?  And is it not enough that while many of us have found for ourselves that stuff genuinely made in Japan, that oftentimes cost more, usually do not disappoint whereas stuff made in inter alia China do, marketers of these Chinese products do everything they can to make their products more "Japanese" WITHOUT putting any effort into making it better?  Sorry if i sound mad, not mad at anyone here, just the situation.  I mean, on the other hand, you have the sold-out (maybe fake sell-out, maybe real u don't know)  $1500 USD Marquis Yi or the $1800 Dragon Dao: PROUDLY made in China.

Sorry just had to get that out of the system.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..