Tamba No Kami Yoshimich Real Or Not ?

Griffero

Okay, it is a wakizashi. But if you compare the first kanji, then you will see, it is not even close to your sword.

And the photo of the blade is a sudareba hamon. A hamon Tamba was famous for. And I don´t see any of this in yours.

In Fujishiro I can´t find a matching signature. Hence: gimei.

Uwe G.

post-699-0-48002200-1447955230_thumb.jpg

post-699-0-67983700-1447955274_thumb.jpg

This one is another mei......Also it is false?

No this is in my opinion Osaka-Tamba 3rd generation, but then again, that is my blade :-) (currently being polished)

Yours doesn't match any of the Kyo-Tamba smiths I have on file. I don't think the mei is correct, but I'll have a look through my books when I get home.

If this sword was authentic then $1000 would be very cheap assuming the condition is reasonable. Yoshimichi (all of them) are regarded as leading members of the mishina school and their work valued by collectors of that school.

the fact you got it so cheaply means either:

a) you are very lucky

b- It is not an authentic Yoshimichi

c)There is something wrong with it.

Depends how lucky you think you are

regards

Paul

Here's a side by side of your signature compared to the 1st 6 generations (papered authenticated examples). All the signatures are saying the same thing, but see how each has their own little peculiarities?
I'm sorry to say that the signature on your blade, doesn't even come close to these. You can always send it to Japan for authentication papers, I'll gladly be proven wrong! 

post-355-0-41753000-1448034170_thumb.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..