Collector In Colorado Front Range? Naginata And Daisho For Sale

saipan59

I am looking for anyone in the Colorado Front Range area that might be interested in these items that I plan to put up for sale:

Naginata with old pole and saya, old polish, probably sue-koto(?), signed Kanemitsu. $2500.

Katana, Tamba no Kami Kanemichi, shodai, shirasaya, NBTHK Hozon. $6000.

Wakizashi, Tamba no Kami Kanemichi, nidai, shirasaya, NBTHK Hozon and also NTHK 72 points. $3000.

I'm looking for a "local sale", before I resort to consigning, shipping, etc.

About me: I started collecting in 1982, but have been inactive for some years now. I was the the author of the "ToShoW" database software that some old-timers will remember. I wrote a couple of articles for JSSUS in the late 80's or early 90's. The above items are the only things I have of real value, and I want to move on to other interests, and let someone else study and enjoy them.

Pete

in Colorado

• Like 1

Hi Barry, thanks for your kind words! If I may say so, one of the things about ToShoW that I'm most proud is that it allows searching the smiths in ways that are difficult or impossible with most other resources. And a shout-out to my wife, who put in many hours entering data for the kanji database that is part of ToShoW.

I just recently got a new PC that runs Windows 10, and found that the ToShoW app doesn't run on Win-10 at all...

Just had a thought, though - there might be a "shell" app that would allow running an old 16-bit Windows app on a modern system. I'll check...

Wanna buy a nice Mishina Daisho :-) ?

Pete

Thanks for that hint!

I believe that emulator only works with DOS apps, not Windows apps.

The last version of ToShoW (aka V6) is a 16-bit Windows app (ideal for Windows95, ME, and XP).

However, the previous version (V5) was a DOS app. At that time, it was called "ToSho" (without the "W"). About 20+ years ago, I ran it on an early Epson laptop that ran DOS V5 and had a CGA monochrome display and cost me $1400(!!). I used to take it to meetings of the Colorado ToKenKai - it was very impressive at the time! The code was written in Turbo Pascal.

I wonder if I still have a CD with ToSho V5 on it...?

Pete

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..