Year End Fund Raiser/raffle/etc

Could someone explain for me, as this would be my first time seeing something like this, if its something that's hosted online or is it somewhere in the US?

I don't own enough nihonto related stuff, but i could donate a chawan or yunomi if that would be allowed, my ceramic collection is a lot bigger:)

• Like 2

Brian

I'm happy to add two 'rice' books
See link:

http://www.militaria...099-rice-books/

They are 120 x 180mm and in poor condition, one has been partly coloured in

They generated some interest when I posted them earlier but more for someone who understands Japanese

If someone won these but didn't find them interesting I'm sure they could offer them to the NMB members in the link above

Grev UK

Axel,

How it usually works is that people contribute prizes, and every $10 donation gets an entry (anywhere in the world)

I use a random number generator program to draw the prize winners, and the sponsors usually send the prize. Forum can assist with postage if necessary.

We usually allow a month or 2 for people to enter. I think a chawan or yunomi would be a great prize. Anything Japanese is always welcome.

Axel,

How it usually works.. ..is always welcome.

Brian thank you for your reply. Although i don't have many Japanese yunomi (i have some nice teacups but they're made by american potters, not sure if thats in the spirit so), i do have a pretty large amount of chawan, so i might put one of those up(?).

I'm kinda broke, but i think i can muster up 10 bucks. It sounds like a lovely event, and i would be honored to assist/enjoy :thumbsup:  (not to mention you can actually win something). :Drool:

Thanks guys, looking good. I have some hiccups in that i need to work on some logistics. Raffles are "verboden" by PP, which is  an issue.

Think I'm going to have to sell something (electronic article or something previously unreleased?) for any contribution amount, and then enter all customers into a free prize draw.

Credit card can be accepted directly via Payfast, which is already set up, but I know a lot prefer PP.

All a bit of a headache, but am working it out.

Thanks guys, looking good. I have some hiccups in that i need to work on some logistics. Raffles are "verboden" by PP, which is  an issue.

Think I'm going to have to sell something (electronic article or something previously unreleased?) for any contribution amount, and then enter all customers into a free prize draw.

Credit card can be accepted directly via Payfast, which is already set up, but I know a lot prefer PP.

All a bit of a headache, but am working it out.

Don't worry about it, just call it a donation and for every $10 donated you get a "free" entry into a prize draw. Or alternatively, draw a picture of a cat in paint, copyright it and sell that for $10 per print.

Well, it will have to be a donation. There is no possibility of it being "purchased entries"

The prize draw will be a separate thing, with entries allocated to those who supported the forum via contributions etc. But would be good to be able to sell something via digital media with entries being allocated to that too. Can't risk a PP account block.

Hi,

I will donate an original lapplander or same (natives of northern scandinavia) 8" knife as used by the natives for centuries and to this day.

Knifesmith Strømeng out of Karasjok makes the real deal and knife will be from his workshop.

Edit: see www.samekniv.no for mr strømengs website. So much quality cutlery....

Just for clarity, i have no affiliation with this smith or any business selling same blades. But they are wicked good :-)

• Like 1

Hi again,

John: how cool, I had no idea there were Same in Canada.

The typical price of a handforged Same knife from Strømeng will be in the 1.000 to 1.200 Norwegian crowner range, normally about 175 USD but with todays crappy excange rate since oil price drop its about 130 USD.

The exchange rate is good for export, bad for importing. Makes it near impossible to buy nihonto in USD unfortunately....

• 2 weeks later...

I have started to contact the sponsors of the prizes to confirm the donation, and gather images of the prizes. If there are any new prizes, prize images or details that I still need, please pm or email me so that I can add them. I may still need to contact one or 2 of the people in this thread.

Dealers....vouchers are always a great idea as they do hopefully lead to repeat future business and don't involve shipping. Memberships to the JSSUS or NCJSC likewise. People who sponsor prizes will of course also be entered into the draw, as will anyone who has contributed the past few months.

Brian

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..