For Tsuba Masochists

Pete Klein

Stephen -- I placed the link in my post after 'check out the tsuba listings'. The direct link on the Tsuruginoya site to the DTI tsuba list does not work so you have to use their main page link which I gave. There are quite a few tsuba to see aside from the one I posted the picture of. Now then, would you like me to bring you a cocktail while I'm at it??? LOL

Actually, Stephen, it was the now long lost film by Georges Méliès which I saw in Paris at the end of The Great War, just before I returned to the States with the other Dough Boys. There were a number of us aboard the 'Konig Wilhelm II' which had been renamed 'USS Madawaska' (after being commandeered into service) who had seen the film as it was quite popular, even though it had been filmed a number of years earlier and was re-released for the amusement of we soldiers. Nate Thomas and I became good friends and had seen the flick, although not together. We reminisced about it on the voyage home. I believe he advanced after his return to a high command, of which he was deserving of course. I returned home and went on to study Dentistry in Chicago where my 'speciality' was in the fabrication of Bakelite Dentures utilizing plaster of Paris impression technique, but I digress...

Yes, you were, Christian, ...  you were.  You were a good and faithful servant.  I must admit that I am sorry about the beheading.  I was away and, well, things happen.  Those Cartheginian's were a brutal lot, but we bested them, most assuredly.  So glad to see you are back...

Actually, Stephen, it was the now long lost film by Georges Méliès which I saw in Paris at the end of The Great War, just before I returned to the States with the other Dough Boys. There were a number of us aboard the 'Konig Wilhelm II' which had been renamed 'USS Madawaska' (after being commandeered into service) who had seen the film as it was quite popular, even though it had been filmed a number of years earlier and was re-released for the amusement of we soldiers. Nate Thomas and I became good friends and had seen the flick, although not together. We reminisced about it on the voyage home. I believe he advanced after his return to a high command, of which he was deserving of course. I returned home and went on to study Dentistry in Chicago where my 'speciality' was in the fabrication of Bakelite Dentures utilizing plaster of Paris impression technique, but I digress...

:rotfl: :clap:

Brilliant.

"Bakelite Dentures". Absolutely inspired touch.

Steven - yes, already gone and temptation averted.  Sort of nice to see my preference affirmed by another.

Every year many of the items in the DTI catalog are sold before the show and any web sites which advertise their listings will sell many off prior to the show also.  It's like a feeding frenzy.  You need to get the catalog ASAP if you are into purchasing these higher end items and firm your purchase just as quickly.  If you hesitate or wait for a deal you'll most likely loose.  Just the way it is.  As for me, I'd be happy just to finally get to go to the show.  Someday I'll get there.

Pete,

speaking but more seriously here....

This DTI Tsuba certainly is a nice,representative and good one- no question!

i but equally do get extremely cautious each time,i do get to see or study an old iron Tsuba with fukurin...

(you do not know how it looks under, and how good or bad is the preservence of the iron)(especially in the Mimi- which in mine personal eyes, especially in Kanayama Tsuba, is the most important thing)

this is the reason i do me very hard to imagine me, finally purchasing one...

least me- had not done either way...(studying yes!-purchasing no!)

this, of course! is mine own,very personal view- and maybe enigma.

Christian

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..