Books For Sale From My Library - Nice Items At Discounted Prices

Eric Santucci

Greetings,

I'm making room in my reference library and have some discounted books for sale. All books are from a smoke free environment with condition as noted below. I will provide a small donation to NMB upon successful sale of all books. In addition, upon sale of the two Markus Sesko books, I will provide a small donation to his sword reference projects as well.

I respectfully request that folks do not ask me for further discounts on these even if you want to buy multiple books. Please understand that prices are far below retail value and what I paid for them originally (besides the fact I am giving our donations as well).

PayPal payment preferred on these, but I will accept personal checks too drawn on US funds. If paying by check, your payment must clear before the book is shipped.

PM me with inquiries - thank you.

1. Flower Blossom on the Japanese Sword: Bizen Ichimonji Tradition. 2007-2008 fine bound cloth exhibition book with slipcase. Book is in excellent condition as if never opened. Slipcase has a few corner bumps, but nothing terrible. Overall, a beautiful exemplar at a low price.

$95 USD +shipping, insurance to your destination

2. Nihonto no Koshirae. Koshirae by Kazuyuki Takayama with slipcase. 56 full color plates of his top quality work with descriptions in Japanese + an additional 10 pages of black and white pics showing his process of making the wood core for the tsuka and saya. The book measures 9 X 12 inches. The wax paper dust jacket is very crinkled, but the book is in otherwise Very Good condition with a just a few corner abrasions. Slipcase is in Very Good condition as well with no issues. I don't see this book for sale often and it is usually priced a bit high. One of my favorite koshirae reference books for quite some time.

$100 USD +shipping, insurance to your destination

3. Japanese Swords & Sword Fittings from the Collection of Walter A. Compton Part 1 (31 Mar. 1992)

429 Pages, soft cover with dust jacket.

Condition is Good - Fair. Cover and dust jacket torn about 1.5 inches at the top left. Corners bent on top right of front and back cover. Back of cover at top is creased a bit. Spine is broken as previous owner cracked it to lay flat on a desk without properly breaking in the book first. However, inner contents are all there and look great, which is the most important part. Overall a nice example for the priced.

$85 USD + shipping, insurance to your destination

4. Shinto and Shinshinto Zenshu, by Markus Sesko

Hardcover, 716 pages and heavy. I've moved to e-versions of Markus' books, so here is your chance to get a discounted hard copy. Condition is Very Good - some minor wear to outside cover, which were defects as received in the book from Lulu. Interior content is perfect. Great reference book!

Current Lulu price: $169 USD

My Price: $85 USD + shipping, insurance to your destination SOLD

5. Koto-kantei Zenshu, by Markus Sesko

hardcover, 772 pages and heavy. Condition is Very Good - some minor wear to outside cover as received from Lulu. Interior content is perfect. Another great reference book!

Current Lulu price: $169 USD

My Price: $85 USD + shipping, insurance to your destination SOLD

6. Assorted nihonto and kodugo reference magazines (see attached pic). There are all older from the late 70's and early 80's, but have great pictures and content. In all there are 54 soft cover magazines in black and white with color front and back covers of items.

$25 USD for the lot, which is less than 50 cents per issue.

+shipping, insurance to your destination

1977, 1978, 1979: 12 issues per year (so 36 issues total)

1980: issues 1-5, 8-11

1981: issues 2,3, 5, and 6

1985: issue 6

Issues 5,6,7 and 8 of different publication

Total issues: 54

Again, please PM me with inquiries - thanks.

post-351-0-26932600-1443797963_thumb.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..