Shirosaya

zak1189

Did you grandfather just buy this from Yahoo Auction in Japan yesterday? Cause the same sword is showing up there. ;-)

Edit: Seems like a very obscure smith. The reading might well be Yukitoshi, but that still doesn't turn up much.

I dont know how he got it all i know is that he gave it to me and i did a some research on it and it did now show anything and i was woundering if you guys know about the blade

Can't argue with the collective I'm afraid. It is indeed for sale out of Japan, both on eBay and was on Yahoo 2 days ago.

The members here are a sharp bunch (aside for a few of them, but they'll never know)
Creative writing will be discovered every time.

:laughing: :laughing:

Hello Daniel,

You already have the name of the smith: Fujiwara Yukitoshi (藤原行俊). The kanji 行 could also plausibly be read as Iku (as indicated in your original post), but I favor Yuki as a more likely reading. 

So, to avoid doubt

Fujiwara Yukitoshi, or

Fujiwara Ikutoshi

Both are possible. The former is more probable, in my estimation. Regardless of the reading, since the smith doesn't appear in any of the obvious reference sites or materials, one has to assume it is a rather obscure smith, and not as famous as the sites linked above are asserting.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..