My Auction

and I think that might be rust, though you could be right, the image is so small it is too hard to tell. I think I would give this sort of item a miss in the end and buy papered and good condition instead. One good 3 - 4 K tsuba is a whole lot better than 6 - 8 $500 ones in my opinion.

Rich

Hi Rich,

You will have to register before you can make your bids. Details on how to join and bid are here in English.

http://www.my-auction.co.jp/buyingen.html

If you are a member, they will send you this 350-page full color catalog showing what's coming up in the next auction, although tsuba and nihonto accounts relatively small volume. The September auction just ended last weekend. The next one will be held November 11th.

What about Nata ?

Its section seems more appropriate to cut bamboo then heads as a kubikiri tanto should make.

Anyway I'm discussig the same blade on an italian forum and the same doubt arise immediatly.

The different Kissaki and the Hi are a matter that shouldn't be on a Nata.

Is there any noble soul that can translate the kanji describing this item ?

Another one, a Nata for sure (?), is hereunder.

Nagasa: 31.88cm, , Katakiriha, matsukawa hada, Suguha,

(Thanks to Giuseppe Piva

http://www.giuseppepiva.com for the images) :

nataofv1li7.th.jpg

Its kissaki :

nataokissakicc3.th.jpg

Its signature :

natameitranslationcopymz2.th.jpg

Its Koshirae :

natakoshiraefv1id5.th.jpg

What about Nata ?

Its section seems more appropriate to cut bamboo then heads as a kubikiri tanto should make.

Anyway I'm discussig the same blade on an italian forum and the same doubt arise immediatly.

The different Kissaki and the Hi are a matter that shouldn't be on a Nata.

Is there any noble soul that can translate the kanji describing this item ?

Hi Carlo,

Do you refer to the item 207 0348? Then the essentials are as follows.

Mei says that Ikkansai Masachika (一貫斎正近) responding to the request of Ito Masanori (伊東正則).

A haiku was inscribed on the blade. The meaning is someting like "what a loud man to wear long katana at a cherry blossom-viewing". (notes: the haiku was written by Mukai Kyorai, who was a student of Matsuo Basho.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..