Amazing Hamon

Manfred56

Hello,
this is my first post in this great forum. I have been following the NMB for many years. Thanks to all.

I just want to share this amazing hamon. It looks like choji midare with brilliant habuchi and ashi. Yo can be seen too.

PS:I saw a lot of beautiful blades and hamon but this looks really amazing.

post-3339-0-15816000-1437311064_thumb.jpg

Best wishes
Manfred

• Like 3

Wow, you guys are going to love the next translation the JSSUS is doing for it's fall or end of the year issue. It's over 20 pages we have translated into English about "The Fascination of Midareba".  Talks all about the different hamon, what the correct name is for the sutle variations and which smith made them his primary focus.  It is going to be a great article with pictures.  If you haven't joined the JSSUS, join today and get this excellent article as part of your membership.  They even mention the clouds influencing the smith on his choice of hamon.  Mike

• Like 2

Looking forward to enjoying the article, Mike. It'll be interesting and also thought provoking, I'm sure. I also wondered if smiths received inspiration from cloud formations. Back around 1986 there was a major sword event held in Hawaii and a working slob, I couldn't afford to attend. I recall sitting on my patio enjoying a particular Ichimonji-choji-looking cloud formation that made me wish...

Ron STL

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..