Yet Another Noob Seeking Tsuba Info

Chango

oCdwn0A.jpg

V9JlyvH.jpg

M7I84xH.jpg

This is on a sword I asked about on the forum a few months ago... I was wondering if anyone could give me direction on what style/school/artist/timeframe it may belong to. The tsuba was mounted on a Tadatsuna school (Tadayuki 1) blade and appears to have been remounted at some point with the current Koshirae. I have been unsucessful at trying to find answers on my own.

Thanks!

Somewhat hard to say exactly what school made this. I would think this is late Edo period work but could fall into several different schools. It has seen better days in regards to condition and has been allowed to rust at some point that has degraded the metal making it possibly look older than it might look if not allowed to rust. Based on the motif you are probably looking at a choshu piece if I had to guess. The waves do remind me of some mito pieces that I have owned so maybe that could be a possibility as well.  

This is on a sword I asked about on the forum a few months ago... I was wondering if anyone could give me direction on what style/school/artist/timeframe it may belong to. The tsuba was mounted on a Tadatsuna school (Tadayuki 1) blade and appears to have been remounted at some point with the current Koshirae. I have been unsucessful at trying to find answers on my own.

Thanks!

Hi. Jason 

I am Jason Too and I have Shodai Tadayuki blade of Tadatsuna.  I was momentarily thought if I did post this. lol but of course it's you. I am sorry I am rookie on tsuba so has no idea. I guess that type of tsuba is called Sukashi. Please correct me if I am wrong. 

If It's not too much, may I ask you to put some photos of blade in the future? Since you and I have both Tadayuki 1 blade, I'd like to compare it  and see how it is when you get some free time. I would post some of mine when I get a chance. Jason. 

Jason 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. Jason

I saw the photos but unfortunately, I could see any of it die the the condition of it. When I get a chance, I'd definitely take a photo of it and would show you. Shodai Tadayuki is Ryo wazamono rank and also he was the younger brother of very famouse Shodai tadatsuna's younger brother. I just have bad camera to take the beauty of the blade but his job is pretty good. I will do it soon.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..