I've just learned that Craig Harris who used to have Bridge of Dreams Books and who for a long time was the most important Nihonto book seller in the US has passed away.  Craig was a great guy and a good friend; he will be missed.

Grey

This is sad news!. Thanks for sharing, Grey. Craig was an interesting guy who moved collecting forward with his book business and with his generally interesting insights. He had a very good eye and encouraged serious interest in nippon-to.

Peter

Craig was one of us hit hard by the Great Recession of 2008-2009.

A gentleman of extremely kind spirit, I hoped he would make it back to our Nihonto community some day.

Learned a few things from him and have long missed his presence.

post-44-0-36324800-1431225801_thumb.jpg

Sad to hear this. I remember his posts here, and how sad everyone was when he had to give up the book selling business. Seemed a well liked guy, and an integral part of the Nihonto community.

RIP Craig, and condolences to his friends and family.

Brian

RIP Craig. Very sad news. I was really sorry when he had to give up his business. I remember ordering from him a very old book from the beginning of last century. It was "lost" in the post. Craig went at length to find another copy of this book to send it to me and believe me it was a hard task.

I met Craig at a Chicago show and had a good talk about favorite pieces and he enlightened me about some of his tsuba.  He is responsible for a significant chunk of my nihonto library.  He will be missed.

All who new Craig will appreciate that our community has lost someone very special.  When I think of Craig, I recall the items he chose to collect and taught me to appreciate.  He loved little kokinko / tachikangushi tsuba -- simple, honest and common tsuba with depth and character that could only be discovered with handling and contemplation.  They were an insight into his character and personality.  Thank you, and rest in peace Craig...

B

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..