Index Of Japanese Swordsmiths - Revised Ed.

Hi all,

Some of you might remember our lengthy discussion on a revised hardcover edition of my 2012 published two volume INDEX OF Japanese SWORDSMITHS.

Well, it never worked out and the initial hardcover version never worked to be easy buyable from everywhere in the world. Also an errata and a correction of

all the typos seemed to be overdue and so I decided to give it another try as a two volume hardcover copy on Lulu. With this, we don't have to care about a

minimum number of buyers to get the thing started as it is print on demand. Also the price of the set will be noticeable lower as Lulu has way better royalties

than BoD.

Now doing so, I will slightly change the layout o ensure a better legibility, coming along with a larger font as I got feedback that the initial font was way too small.

I attach a preview who a page of the revised edition might look like.

And with this, you all come into play as I need some feedback to enlarge my own errata done over the three years. I have created an email address of its own

for this, "swordsmith.errata@gmail.com". This is a "fire-and-forget" email address, that means I will not reply from there and just collect your suggestions and

corrections. If you really have to discuss a thing or to, please get in touch with me via my regular address "markus.sesko@gmail.com".

I will post the very same announcement on my blog.

Thank you all for your cooperation! :thanks:

PS: The eBook version will be updated too of course.

RevisionPreview.pdf

Markus,

I think those of us that purchased it from Lulu when it was a digitally protected copy are no longer able to download. If we look at our status page on Lulu it states that the eIndex book is no longer available for download. I think those who bought after they discontinued carrying the digitally protected copy are able to download.

Regards,

Brent

Hi Markus,

Same for all purcased ebooks on the German Bookstore - I cannot update my version purchased in 2012 too!

This is the information on th HP - Sorry for german :( "Dieses E-Book steht nicht mehr zum Download zur Verfügung."

cheers

Klaus

I am sorry that I was not clear enough in my initial post. :oops: 

No update is yet available as I just started with the correction, revision, and reformatting process.

The steps in this Swordsmith Index revision process are as follows:

1. I really need feedback from those who worked with the Index or eIndex over the last three years and found errors (I will detect the typos myself so I am

not in that much need of learning about wrong commas and the like.).

2. The so far available editions (German and English) provided by BoD will be discontinued. There will no longer be any German version or updates to the

German version as this set hardly sells anyway (and with hardly I mean something like two sets in a quarter).

3. The completely revised set will be made available as hardcover volumes and as eBook on Lulu.com. There will be a paperback edition too that is later

available on amazon. (Lulu does not make letter format hardcovers available via amazon, that's about the only reason for the paperback, i.e. that people will

find something on amazon at all.).

4. I will send out manually and for free the new eBook to those who can't download it any more from Luku. (Also those who got the German eBook will receive

the revised English eBook directly from me and for free.)

So please stay tuned and I will announce all updates here in this thread. And again, any info as mentioned in point No 1 would really be appreciated!

:thanks:

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..