Opinions Please On The Sword

boydie4207

Hello Robert,

please give us some measurements (at least nagasa, sori, kasane).

WHY do you think this sword is Nambokucho Period?

Usually blades from the prime of the Nambokucho Period (thats where Naoe Shizu is placed in) "should" show a shallow sori, a wide mihaba and a slightly elongated kissaki. Without measurements and a rather difficult accessment of  the shape of the blade due to the dissorted picture of the blades shape (to shallow an angel of view), I "see" a blade with a pronouced sori and a chu-kissaki, which may have been shortened/reshaped (assumption because of the very thin boshi).

Hamon style: I do not see any of the (in-)famous up an downs in the hamon, which produce a very thin width of the hamon in the valleys of the hamon and which are typical for Naoe-Shizu (and the most representative Kanetomo).

Greetings

Andreas

Hi Andreas sorry for the poor pictures working with just a camera phone at the moment I have the measurement here I should have posted them before :( I was thinking maybe nambouchko because of the size of the blade and my second guess was mouramachi or maybe senjuin school ?

Nagasa: 27 1/2 inches

Sori: 1 inch

Munemachi: 0.5cm

Sakisane: 0.4cm

Kissaki size: 3cm

Nakago lenght: 8 inches

post-2335-0-07680300-1428326238_thumb.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..