• 2 weeks later...

So no-one going to post info or pics of how it is going so far?

Dying to know how it is going and if there are deals to be had.

Have it on one good authority that there were some excellent swords to be had for those who dove in early and didn't waste time. Saw quite an amazing list of lovely items acquired. Looking forward to the reports and pics.

Also pics and stories from the side events like the yakatabune trip etc.

I second that request, Brian. Those of us who could not make the DTI this year would love to see any photos the members and attendees can post. The only photos I have seen so far are those posted right now by Mike Yamazaki on his tetsugendo face book. Thanks for the photos, Mike. Keep the photos coming. They are appreciated. It's great to see our fellow collectors and the great pieces available at the show.  

Regards,

Bill E. Sheehan (Yoshimichi) 

• 3 months later...

This year's DTI dates were the first thing I checked when I was told recently that I'll have to attend a conference in Rome the end of October. Phew! Otherwise I would have missed the first DTI in 14 years – a double punch (as the Japanese call it in wasei eigo), since I'll move back to Tōkyō in July! Now I can't only attend, but it's also my birthday (11/19) – all who come to Japan: feel free to shower me with presents!  :laughing:  (Those coming from Germany will earn extra points if you bring along my beloved "Heringsfilets in Sahnesauce"!!!)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure of the impact as Tokyo generally has a shortage of hotel rooms in any case, but the DTI dates of 11/18 ~ 20 coincide with a major manufacturing trade show, JIMTOF, held at Tokyo Big Sight on Odaiba, 11/17 ~ 22. Maybe not well known outside of manufacturing & specifically the machine tool industry, but my company participates, in fact I have to be there all 6 days which will make the DTI hard get to. And it is a large exhibition in terms of attendance, so it may affect hotels. It is delayed 3 weeks from previous years due to Big Sight renovations, usually held end of October to early November.

Regards,

Michael S

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..