Kanenaga Naoe Shizu

zentsuji2

Been offered this kanenaga, nbthk.

I'm learning, is this the real deal, and are these papers still valid.

I like the sword but welcome your money saving input.

Thanks to all who look,and for all help given.

Regards Ian

Nagasa 70.5, 1.3Myenpost-2237-0-59110300-1425464309_thumb.jpgpost-2237-0-46990100-1425464346_thumb.jpgpost-2237-0-92856500-1425464367_thumb.jpgpost-2237-0-46363800-1425464277_thumb.jpg

Ian,

I don't see Naoe Shizu in the kanteisho (直江志津) difficult to see the hada and the hamon from the pictures. There are a lot of Kanenaga in Mino. There are two kaji with this name starting Oei who have a far connection with Naoe.

As times go, the characteristic of schools delute. Generally speaking, you can find school characteristics maintened at most during 3 generations after that there are always influences which change them.

To sum up, with pictures provided, school characteristics are not visible. Kanteisho seems valid, if it is a signed tachi from early Muromachi, it can be worth the price, but unfortunately pictures have not Aoi Art quality ones.

• Like 1

I'd hardly say you were offered it seeing as it's been for sale the best part of a year on a Japanese dealers website and was even in the for sale section here at one point. The papers seem genuine but do not mention Naoe Shizu.

Maybe the full size images off the dealers website would help...

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..