Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jean

What Are The Importing Taxes/vat In Your Country

Recommended Posts

France:

 

- no import duties on antiques (more than 100 years old)

- VAT: 5%

- Import file fees : around 30/40€

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everything including antiques: vat at 14%

Non-antiques then can get further duties depending on tarriff code.

 

Brian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

USA

as I understand it there is no import duty/tax on Antiques. In my experience if the item(s) is send using USPS (like EMS) there is no cost but if the item is send through other carriers they do charge import duty and when I have had that happen and complain I find it costs more to dispute than the charge I have to pay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Germany:

 

- No Import duties (but you have to prove that the item is over 100 years old)

- VAT: 19% + 17,5 % taxes on the shipping costs

 

And now it get´s a bit difficult :laughing:!

 

If you can´t (or you are just not willing to) prove that the item is over 100 years old, you have to pay additional 1,7% (customs tariff number: 93070000 Säbel, Lanzen, Teile hiervon...) of the Price of the item as custom duties.

That is one method, the other is Kind of flat-rate-based and a bit easier (for the customs officer to calculate), but generally you have to pay more because the whole package is taxed with 17,5%.

 

Regards,

post-2703-0-20225000-1425394783_thumb.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Uk: 5% Vat on antiques and ethnographic items (so you can include Gendaito/Showato and Shinsakuto) and no other fees. We have special trade rules with Europe so don't pay Vat when imported from the EU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Norway,

 

On antiques of more than 100 yrs old, value is reduced to 20% of the original purchase value before calculating VAT from the remaining amount.

 

VAT is 25%.

 

So in reality that is what, 5 % of original purchase plus any import related fees from FedEx or similar?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Germany:

If you can proof, that the pieces are of high ethonlogical value (e.g. with a NBTHK paper) you sometimes - depending on the customs officer - have to pay 7% VAT/EUSt in total only.

But that's gambling and you're not skilled like Ichi in the Chō-Han game... 8)

Regards

Andi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AUS is 11%  plus a $70 customs processing fee. then you are made to wait while they have a week long coffee break to do anything

 

regards H

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In Canada, antiques over 100 years are exempt from duty.

 

One still has to pay 5% GST (goods and services tax). However, depending upon which province you reside in, you may have to pay additional provincial sales taxes (or RST, retail sales tax). In Ontario for example, they have a Harmonized Sales Tax which is the GST 5% + RST 8% (for a total of 13%).

 

I reside in Alberta where there is still no provincial sales tax, so I only have to pay the 5% GST.

 

Alan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...