Choshu No Tsuba Book Translation

jlawson

Markus Sesko is working on a private translation for a few of us for the Choshu No Tsuba book by Murakami. This is a great book with the school information and lots of info on the lineages of this very large school. Here is a copy of the book also from Grey's site http://www.japaneseswordbooksandtsuba.com/store/books/b639-choshu-no-tsuba-murakami

If you are interested in getting a copy of this translation and helping to support the translation please reply here or PM me and I will add you to the list. If you attended the NBTHK lecture in Tampa you will recognize several of these pieces as from my collection and if you signed up there I already have you on the list. We are hoping to get enough people to put the translation for $50 but that requires a certain number to join the effort as you know. Thanks. 

Umm..err....

Actually, I have no idea how that happened. I "liked" it on Facebook to give it more exposure, and in doing that, somehow the first post got deleted. Very odd, I'll look into that.

However, another very nice feature of this new forum is that deleted posts are not completely gone for at least a week, and myself or mods are able to restore them easily. I found it in that list, and restored it. Sorry guys.  :oops: 

Brian

Thanks everyone for pitching in here. Will leave this up till Friday and then send everyone an email for confirmation with numbers and costs etc. We've had a pretty good turnout but certainly could use a few more to help get this translation done. Thanks again for everyone's help. 

Thats correct, however there is a bunch of information there that is very valuable regardless of the photos. I know there is also a digital version of the book (in Japanese) and photos that I have seen as well floating around. 

• 3 months later...

FYI the translation is done and everyone should have gotten an email from Markus today with instructions. Please touch base with me or Markus if you did not get your email. Thanks for everyone's support on this project. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all who participated. I've heard from most of you that got the book and it is jam packed with good info on the very large and prolific Choshu school. At this point I think we are done with this one so if you are interested in a translation of the book going forward you should get in contact with the translator - Markus Sesko at http://markussesko.com 

I don't know if it will be available to anyone outside of the original group but you can discuss it with Markus. 

BTW another nod to Markus who continues to translate things at such an incredible speed and has really made available some fantastic information in English. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..