The Passing Of Dr. T.c. Ford

Ed

It is with great sorrow and regret that I inform the Sword community of the passing of one of my dearest friends and mentors, Dr. T.C. Ford.  I received word today that Dr. Ford passed peacefully from this life around 11:30 am, he was 94.  

I will miss sitting with him listening to his stories of his many years of collecting and his great knowledge of swords, especially his love of Ko-Bizen.

Rest in peace my friend.

Sad to hear. At the very beginning of my first sword show I sat down on a bench outside the show room and soon was joined by an elderly fellow. It wasn't long before we were engaged in friendly sword conversation among other things as if we had known each other before, it felt very welcoming. That man was Dr. Ford, thank you. RIP.

• Like 1

Sad news. Dr. Ford was the reason I got into swords in the first place as I met him when I bought my first ratty shinto sword and he invited me to come to his house to learn more about it. I remember spending many weekends at his home in Breckenridge over the years with Billie and friends seeing amazing works of art. Dr. Ford gave me so much knowledge freely and asked for nothing in return. A true gentleman and teacher. He will be missed.  

T.C. was a fine gentleman. At one time he was the editor (along with Billie) of the JSSUS newsletter. We wrote letters back and forth for many years. He would always greet people at sword shows with a smile. He would walk through the show slowly, stopping to chat with the folks he knew. It was always a pleasure to meet and greet him. I miss the gentleman, scholar and collector I knew as T.C. I am saddened by the loss of Dr. T. C. Ford. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..