Mr. Siliacus, sword polisher in the Netherlands

Stu W

i have giving you my email adres, you can ask me, instead of others :idea:

Why, don't you want others to share their experience and their opinion of your work? That would be highly unusual...

Don't get me wrong, I don't question your credentials, but, working in the service industry means you have to stand for what you are doing.

Not a good start...

• 1 year later...

hi,

there is been asked if i wanted to give some information about me and about my work.

my name is Christophe Siliacus and i polish Japanese swords

this is not a easy task because i say that polishing is not only in your hands but also in your mind, your body, your breathing, it is simply YOU

i am now almost 60 years and have about 30 years of experience, i have done terrible things in the past, like using acid, just because i did not had the skil to do any better.

i only work the traditional way

and still i dont have all the skils, compared with the profesionals in Japan.

i have had tips and tricks from Zenon van Damme,but never link my name to his ....HE NEVER TOUGHT ME,  i wish he did.

i always try Zenon to judge my work, because he is the only one i know, who knows were he is talking about

once i had a hudge complement of Mishina Kenji, who told me that my work was not bad at all.

but to make a long story, short, i did it most off all by myself and i am still learning.

this is the first time for me to tell everybody what i do, not how, this would be boring, besides that, the internet is filled with people like me, only i am not such a commercial man.

my email adres is polijster@gmail.com

you can ask everything there

best regards

Christophe Siliacus

Being non-traditionally trained and with self-admitted self-taught experience, it stands to reason that we cannot advertise or push any polishing services that are not professional. Obviously a trained polisher needs kantei skills and a fortune in stones, and all the other things that come with Japanese training.

That said, it sounds like this would be something useful to those with Showato and non-traditional swords that need a cleanup. But please do this via email, as I cannot open reasonably use forum resources for this. Thanks for your understanding.

brian, 

i think you talk about me, partly you are right, that is why never promoted myself, but

That said, it sounds like this would be something useful to those with Showato and non-traditional swords that need a cleanup. But please do this via email, as I cannot open reasonably use forum resources for this. Thanks for your understanding.

this is going to far, i will not let my stone be wasted on showato etc. and cleanup polishing is also not done by me.

i restore art, i am not just waxing a car

mumei swords polished by me have been recieving HOZON, and TOKUBETSU HOZON,  by the ntbhk, i know the swords gets the papers but the sensei must see it

Congratulations, Chris!

Then I see no obstacle to show some photos and references of the swords that got these papers. 

brian, 

i think you talk about me, partly you are right, that is why never promoted myself, but

this is going to far, i will not let my stone be wasted on showato etc. and cleanup polishing is also not done by me.

i restore art, i am not just waxing a car

Chris, i didn't understand why you wrote showato or war era swords are not Japanese art? Many "gunto" with arsenal stamps are made by famous smith. Maybe they use steam hammer or mixed metals but there swords are worth for polish. I have a Gifu Noatone Kai Gunto Sword ftom Seki with a arsenal stamp. This smith was highly accepted by other smiths and he was against the imperial war. Every smith in seki was knowing about his stand but he made very good swords and very important, none of the other smith was calling him a traitor. He died 1968 and he was a founder of the modern sword art. This is readable in many books of modern Japanese sword art.

A rookie question? Did togishi stones get damaged from a non traditional made sword?

im looking forward to seing some examples of your work.

we are always reserved about no trained togishi, but here is your chance to put these fears to rest, and im sure there will be some follow up work once you post some photos and refs of past customers

regards H