Giving Thanks for NMB

Surfson

Hi All. I just made a donation to the Nihonto Message Board as a way of giving thanks on Thanksgiving. I find that it is one of the most interesting, informative and enjoyable websites that I use. I truly enjoy our conversations and always learn something. I feel so fortunate that Brian has taken it upon himself to organize this and encourage you all to make a donation. I sense that the auction method has petered out a bit, so it is even more important that we support it voluntarily. Brian didn't put me up to this, but I do hope that we can get a thread going. I donated $50 and challenge you all to do the same. If we get a great response to this post and populate a strong thread on it, I pledge to increase my donation. Please post a Thanks for Brian on this thread once you have made a donation! Cheers, Bob

Let me thank you too Bob, I really appreciate it. Contributions have been fairly scarce recently, obviously a sign of the times. Don't think there are many people out there with excess funds.

I had been wondering about whether to try and do our end of the year annual prize draw and raffle, but it is a lot of effort to present, and really difficult to keep campaigning for prizes. Not sure if we will be able to do it or not but keeping my options open as it does fund us for another year.

Anyways, much appreciated and thanks soooo very much to those who have contributed, continue to do so, and have supported us in so many ways with donations or just help on the forum.

Not so much to those minority few who posted they were selling items with a contribution to the forum, and then just didn't follow through. :doubt:

Paypal email is brian (at) nihontomessageboard.com and direct credit card is also available by going to http://www.militaria.co.za/donations.html

A wonderful Thanksgiving to all who celebrate this holiday!

:thanks:

Brian

Charles....always more than generous!

Thank you very much!

I will send any further thanks in person, and not post here every time unless requested to, if that is ok?

Just wanted to make it clear too, that if we manage to do any form of raffle etc, any contributions made now will earn entries if and when we do it.

:bowdown:

Brian

Brian

The NMB is a mine of information and incredibly it's free. I would like to contribute but being a dinosaur I never use my credit card online.

However, if you run a raffle this year I will offer these two items as a single prize and post them free of charge.

The "Old Japan" catalogue comes with a price list but is about ten years old. The little booklet has about a third of it's contents devoted to artwork for tsuba etc.,

Mick

post-3575-14196951671279_thumb.jpg

post-3575-14196951674106_thumb.jpg

Good reminder Robert, nice idea.

You have gotten mine Brian, and if you do decide to hold the raffle I have a completely new softbound copy of The Samurai Sword - A handbook by John Yumoto to give away with free shipping. I know it's only a beginners book and low value but maybe I can make a fellow beginner happy by donating it.

I would also like to appeal to all the lurkers out there... yes I know you're there peeping through the keyhole!! I did the same for almost 2 years before I registered :roll: If you like this forum and visit regularly there is no reason why you can't or shouldn't make a donation if you want to help keep this place running! ;)

anyway, keep up the good work Brian, mods and all the other Nihonto overlords!! :bowdown: :bowdown: I thank you all very much for your knowledge sharing and time invested!

• 2 months later...

Think of the money saved by the knowledge gained.

I would have been lost at times without members of this board, and Brian himself.

There are many books, but none that answer back to your questions.

Donation gladly sent,and thanks to Brian and other great members for advice, and friendship,during the last 2 years.

Best regards from England

Ian Bellis

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..