Bonhams London Arms and armour.

The estimates seem quite low so I expect things to go for considerably more. It is just before Christmas though so money could be tight for a lot of people and there may be deals.I can see at least 1 item that if Shoshin/good condition would go for 5-10* the estimate. If I have a chance I may go just to experience some of the better pieces and you never know if I think somethings way below what it's worth :glee:

Quite a few of the items there, are from a friend who passed, and I viewed them with a view to values, so James due to a lack of photographic images, I think you sighting items prior to sale is a good idea.

I think I should add, I have registered for online bidding, so as James said, there could be a steal.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend Denis, my condolences.

There's no less than 5 Katana/Wakizashi that look interesting to me, but being Bonhams; like Christies, there always seems to be much competition driving the prices, not to mention dealers.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..