Long Mei on a WWII blade...?

harvg

from Markus´s book:

Kanehiro (兼広), 1st gen., Kanbun (寛文, 1661-1673), Hizen – „Hizen no Kuni Yamato no Daijō Fujiwara Kanehiro“ (肥前国大和大掾藤原兼広), „Yamato no Daijō Fujiwara Kanehiro“ (大和大掾藤原兼広), „Hizen no Kuni Saga-jū Yamato no Daijō Fujiwara Kanehiro“ (肥前国佐賀住大和大掾藤原兼広), civilian name „Hashimoto Rokurōbei“ (橋本六郎兵衛), son of Kunihiro (国広), his honorary title „Yamato no Daijō“ was later upgraded to Yamato no Kami“ but there are hardly any blades known which are signed that way, he died in the second year of Hōei (宝永, 1705), dense ko-itame which appears as konuka-hada, suguha, notare-midare or gunome-midare in ko-nie-deki, wazamono

Some pics from the blade would be nice to see!

Moriyama san..the obvious answer would be that this is for sale somewhere and everyone wants to know if they found a treasure :D

(When the real treasures are right here among the helpful members of the forum :) )

Brian

Hi, yes I am considering bidding on this blade, but it was listed as a 20th C. blade.....which seemed out of place. The knowledgeable members here seem to confirm that as well. Really no idea if the blade will prove to be any "treasure" :) or not (gimei), but that would be the goal. Won't really know unless I win and get the blade in hand, and even then, I'll probably need some help....lol Will keep you posted, if that is okay? Thank you for all your input!

harvg

Well, good or bad (to be determined), I did acquire this blade. Hope to provide some better pics of the blade soon.....

This MEI would seem to be KAN939....whether gimei or not is best left to much more knowledgeable nihonto enthusiasts, than myself.....

Kanehiro (1st gen)

ID KAN939

Province Hizen

Start Era Manji (1658-1661)

End Era Kanbun (1661-1673)

Active Period 1658-1673

School Hizen Tadayoshi

Father/Teacher Kunihiro

Lineage Image / Interactive

Hawley 50 KAN939

Toko Taikan ¥3M 123

Signatures:

肥前佐賀住大和大掾藤原兼廣

hizen saga ju yamato daijo fujiwara kanehiro

Yamato no kami title.

Harvg

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..