is there any one can help me About Antique Japanese Sword

hayri

After surfing around for find info about the sword, i found this forum, hopefully i can get right infomation about the sword which i have.

if i will send couple of photos , will it be helpfull for find out infos about my sword , which type of sword , when it is made, who made it etc.

lets se the photos and please help me that information.

Thanks and nice to be here with people who interest on swords

Regards

Hayri

post-129-14196733666267_thumb.jpg

post-129-14196733667227_thumb.jpg

post-129-1419673366916_thumb.jpg

hayri..

Please edit your post and sign with your name and initial please as per the rules?

We will be glad to help with your sword where possible.

Read here : http://www.militaria.co.za/nihontomessa ... um.php?f=8 on how to upload pics, resize images and the maximum file sizes etc. If you cannot upload after that, the pics are probably too large or you are not attaching them correctly.

If you still do not come right, email or pm me, and I will try to assist. You can also upload them to imageshack, and link to them here. All the instructions are in that link above.

Regards,

Brian

Hayri,

My email can't be full...it doesn't have a limit. But I am sure these pics must be too big. Right click on each pic..and check the properties. What is the size of the pics? If they are anything over about 500kb each..then resize them first.

I suggest going to http://www.imageshack.us and upload them there, and then post the direct link to the picture in your post. You can upload all of them there, one at a time. The instructions to do this are also in the link above. If Imageshack won't upload them, then each pic must be bigger than 1.5MB :shock: which is their limit.

Regards,

Brian

You are very kind, i done it at the end. Thanks for your advice for this step.

Now here is the sword , now waiting people's helps about my questions

basicly all usefull info about this sword

if any one want more photos of this sword i will be pelased to sent them with e-mail.

Thanks

Hayri

Hi,

I would also suggest removing the pin to disassemble the sword. Don't worry, they are designed to be disassembled. The handle should come off in one piece--don't unwrap the handle. Don't polish or attempt to remove the rust on the tang (the rust is a very important indicator of age).

Take closeup photos of the tang, tip, and hamachi (the notch where the blade meets the tang). And take closeup photos of any fittings or special marking you may find.

DaveF.

First off a one or two basics of what not to do, Never hold the blade with bare fingers, oils and acids in finger prints cause long turn damage your blade is out of polish and it not going to do much harm now but be sure to wipe off any prints and take care not to place the tip on anything even carpet, the damage to the tip is hard to reverse. It looks to me a interesting find, the Tsuba and tsuka look old and it may hold a even older blade. Next step is to remove the Tsuka ..it has a small wooden peg after drifting it out the handle should slide off to show us the nakago then we can go from there when you post more pix of the mei.

sorry i can not answer evrythings prompt, first i have to understand words about swords like, tsuba, tsuka, nakago, tang, tip, hamachi etc. thats why i am searching infos from related webpage, obviously i am new for this subject and i dont want to make a mistake, or damage the sword .

thnaks for al your help , hopefully i will be a good eprson who has got knowlegde about swords.. i like it , my it willl be my new hobby :)

Hayri

Hayri,

I think it is the very helpful Stephen (who is well on his way to getting his desired rank) you are refering to, and to whom you sent the pics?

I am sure they will be posted soon.

Perhaps if you tell us where you are, we can see if there is a member near you who can assist in person, or guide you to a group who can help.

Looking forward to the rest of the pics.

Brian

Here are the pix you sent ...they went to my spam folder...i croped most and left out all the ones that are blurry and repetes. Nice Tsuba to my tastes. Belive its a old shinto blade high shinogi ...or ridge line...I have all my books pack and im on my way to a gun show...someone should be able to do a pelemanary kantia from the full shot of the sugata...blade shape. Im of time check back in the AM

post-21-14196733679313_thumb.jpg

post-21-14196733679697_thumb.jpg

post-21-14196733680172_thumb.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..