Kyu Gunto Replacement Scabbards?

I am sorry if this has been covered before, but what do you think is my best bet regarding either restoring or replacing metal Kyu Gunto scabbards? I really like these but finding ones that fit is nearly impossible and the process for repairing them is tedious and frustrating and it is difficult not to damage the plating or the scabbard. Is there a company or anyone who makes something close? I already contacted Tom Nardi but he said he couldn't help me out. Any ideas are appreciated thanks.---Scott M. :bang:

Scott,

I would recommend taking the blade to sword shows and gun shows hunting for a replacement saya. I have seen these laying out on tables before. If you can find one that is right length and a close fit then you could have the wooden liner on the inside of the saya custom fit to your blade. You could also check with Fred Lohman to see if he has anything similar.

Hope that helps.

Matt

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..